DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 33 First 123412 ... Last
    I've installed this extension and mod in order to be able to share oportraits and tokens with my players in FGU. Now, I can drag&drop tokens to the secondary window opened by the Player button in the Assets window, but not any portrait. The log file shows this comments when the extension is loaded:

[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] s'DeathIndicatorManager.replaceToken: Invalid token string parameter'
    [7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] s'DeathIndicatorManager.replaceToken: Invalid token string parameter'
    [7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Quote Originally Posted by Jan van Leyden View Post
    I've installed this extension and mod in order to be able to share oportraits and tokens with my players in FGU. Now, I can drag&drop tokens to the secondary window opened by the Player button in the Assets window, but not any portrait. The log file shows this comments when the extension is loaded:

[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
    [7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.
    Share portraits and tokens with players? Its only intent is to allow you to drag a token (from assets bag or special tombstone inventory page in assets) into the space provided in the upper right of the character/NPC sheet. Nothing else to my knowledge is designed to work with those. I'm not sure what the issue is if that is what you are doing. If you are dragging it anywhere else - then yeah - not designed to work that way to my knowledge.

These tokens are only for the slot they were designed for as far as I know. The whole "replace token" text is a red flag to me that you are doing something you should not be doing.

But to be honest - not sure - I've never seen it before. I guess the question is - are you ONLY dragging those tokens out of the death indicator place into the tombstone space provided on the sheets?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi, I am getting a weird bug with the death indicator recently.

I noticed tokens changing after adding encounters to the combat tracker.
    At first the tokens will appear the as the right ones, however after a few clicks on the CT-Tracker they will then change to random tokens that are from the token folder.

But when I load it in a new campaign, with only Death Indicator on the problem does not occur. So it looks like it may be interfering with another extension. I will report back when I find out more.

Version v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-07-16), ruleset 5e
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; July 19th, 2020 at 18:58.

Can confirm I also was seeing the same behavior Friday night, although I had not had time to delve into it yet. I kept having mobs change to standard goblins, despite being bugbears, wolves, drow, et al. Made my players keep giggling but was also confusing for them when they’d go to target and ask where the wolf went.

Hi I found the culprit, the Death Indicator Extensions and 5E - Matjan's Status Indicator, interfere with each other to create the token swapping bug.

Deactivating either of the two removed this bug. Could you maybe have a look? I will also post this with Matjam.

Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...atus+Indicator

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi I found the culprit, the Death Indicator Extensions and 5E - Matjan's Status Indicator, interfere with each other to create the token swapping bug.

Deactivating either of the two removed this bug. Could you maybe have a look? I will also post this with Matjam.

Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...atus+Indicator
    I only ever use the extensions in my signature (plus the one I'm working on at the moment).

As you recall on the first page there is this sentence:

This extension is a "use at your own risk" modification solely tested in 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity.

I did not write the low level overridden token code in Death Indicator that you are having trouble with. That is the original code by the original authors. I simply got permission to change it for my own uses and post here for anyone who wanted to use it.

Now, having said all that, if you have a modification to it you want to replace mine - I'll be happy to pop it out here and replace mine if it works for me also.

I try to take care in the extensions I write (this one is not mine - just modified a few bits) to make the code as independent of the core code as I possibly can - or where I can't - that it does not touch anything that would be commonly changed or that would possibly impact another extension. But as I get into extension programming, I can tell you this is impossible at times. If you need to do something that overwrites some core piece for your own needs - and then someone else overwrites that same piece - the extensions will be incompatible. Short of getting the two extension programmers to get together and make them compatible by rewriting both to take into account the logic for both extensions - well.. easier said than done. Also, then of course that 3rd extension comes along and blows them both out of the water with its overwritten logic.

Simple fact is, you should try and leave as little an impact on core ruleset code as you possibly can. Sometimes thats impossible though and you end up having extensions that can't be used together or have to have the coders somehow do something "together".

In this case, the coders of the token logic in this extension are not even supporting it any longer.

But as I said - if you make a fix - that does not impact the users of this other extension (or the ones I use) then I'll be happy to replace the version here. Or you can do what I did and link this thread to a new thread where you provide the updated version.

Now, if it was one of my extensions with the problem I'd know what the code was completely and probably be able to take a look and do something. But this extension? Specifically the low level token logic where they literally do their own toying around in the combat tracker? That I've not really looked at or understand without doing a deep dive in the code.

And I'm already deep dived in my own new extension that still has another week or two of programming to do in it.

Not saying I won't help get a resolution if you tell me what to do - but I don't have the time to work on this modified work of someone else's (Death Indicator) with another extension of someone else's (status indicator) in order to make them both try and take into account the other's logic. Might be simple - where one can change and take care of both - might be not simple where both actually have to change and take into account both trains of logic in each one of them.

Sorry for the long explanation - but I would have to understand all the parts of this extension that I did not need to change and then read up on the other guys extension to figure out some kind of mutual workaround.

Maybe in a few months I'll be free enough to do that - but right now - hip deep in my own extensions and code that I understand.

Does not mean I'm not willing to help if you "spell out what needs to be done" in Death indicator. I'm just not willing to figure out what all these guys were doing in their extensions (the two original authors of Death indicator - me making a third) and however many authors are involved in status indicator.

[Also extension have an "order" in the extension.xml which can govern which one gets loaded first - you might be able to fix it that way if they are both "very cleanly coded" in their join's an doverwritten sections - but I really don't know that in either case. My guess is that neither are worried about other extensions sharing the same section of core code based on what your seeing.]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 20th, 2020 at 02:16.

Hi, I don't expect you to drop everything your doing and jump on fixing a conflict between your extension and Matjam's. I have been using yours and Matjam's together before without any problems, so the recent problems that have arisen are likely due to updating code of FGU. I appreciate you will try and solve this issue in the future, I fully understand that it must be a lot of work since you are not the original author of this extension. I look forward to your next extension the first two you launched are nice additions to FGs and my group uses both your extensions.

I have also posted to Matjam's so he might have a look too.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi, I don't expect you to drop everything your doing and jump on fixing a conflict between your extension and Matjam's. I have been using yours and Matjam's together before without any problems, so the recent problems that have arisen are likely due to updating code of FGU. I appreciate you will try and solve this issue in the future, I fully understand that it must be a lot of work since you are not the original author of this extension. I look forward to your next extension the first two you launched are nice additions to FGs and my group uses both your extensions.

I have also posted to Matjam's so he might have a look too.
    When you state it as FGU issue - was it something like this?

That was actually fixed in FGU for me on a later release - it stopped happening.

Is yours this type of issue?

It stopped happening for me shortly after my last post there. Not sure if that was just "luck" or something was fixed.

I think was with me having NPC's and other things in my own groups - and that this may have fixed that issue...

"Module lookup name incorrectly used for group display in campaign lists. Fixed." on July 7th.

If its the same as mine then the simple test is not to have any of the NPCs in combat tracker a part of a special group.

But really, have no idea what the issue was or why it stopped happening for me.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 20th, 2020 at 16:06.

Hey, I don't understand how, but the issue was fixed with the last Corerpg update !

Oh lol.. now they change after rolling initiative... but I have a feeling this might fix itself in the future..

Thread Information