DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 33 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    I will have to try tomorrow. My players just reached level 9 in mad mage and I left the FGU host and teams running so they could continue their PC choice discussions.
    Don't forget there are death extension options also that can effect how the blood/tombstone stuff works.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

It's recently come to my attention that players can see an updated "dying" status of an ally. As an example, if I roll a death save and fail, my status changes from dying to dying (1). It shows up when you select "status" for PC in the combat tracker (which is what I run) as well as on the hover over health dot. I've been told it's always been this way, perhaps it was different in FGC as I don't recall seeing this before. Can this be suppressed as an option with your extension to show only a status of dying? My players roll their death saves in the tower and then they don't reveal the results to their allies so it builds suspense, but that's useless the way it is now. Before someone responds "turn off the status indicators" it's very burdensome for the characters to not have a general idea of the health of allies and benefit from things like blood effects for wounds that key off of health so it's not really an option.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    It's recently come to my attention that players can see an updated "dying" status of an ally. As an example, if I roll a death save and fail, my status changes from dying to dying (1). It shows up when you select "status" for PC in the combat tracker (which is what I run) as well as on the hover over health dot. I've been told it's always been this way, perhaps it was different in FGC as I don't recall seeing this before. Can this be suppressed as an option with your extension to show only a status of dying? My players roll their death saves in the tower and then they don't reveal the results to their allies so it builds suspense, but that's useless the way it is now. Before someone responds "turn off the status indicators" it's very burdensome for the characters to not have a general idea of the health of allies and benefit from things like blood effects for wounds that key off of health so it's not really an option.
    I'm not really understanding what you mean here. What you are talking about is pure FGU options and how they deal with combat tracker and the map tokens. This extension was written to do things differently by dealing with the portraits (tombstone when dead dead in CT or map) and bloodsplats/bandaid in map where it shows it at a glance what there status is. Now I assume you have experimented with the current death extension options (I have not really messed with them very much) where you can simply turn off the auto death rolls for NPC or PC. I assume if you turn them off for a PC then the only way to do them would then be manual - which seems to be what you are saying. But I admit I'm very unclear what it is you are asking. For sure there is no intent to make more modifications to this that I don't personally use but nothing prevents you from modifying it yourself for whatever it is you are talking about. If it does not already do it with some set of options you have not tried yet.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I see this extension as a one stop shop for death and death saves, so I felt it may be appropriate to request a possible feature inclusion that fit a problem I (and perhaps others) are experiencing. You are correct, I can do it manually, which is my plan if I can’t find an automated method. Many extension developers entertain feature requests, apologies as I didn’t realize this was focused only on exactly what it does presently. Again, appreciate the prompt response.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I see this extension as a one stop shop for death and death saves, so I felt it may be appropriate to request a possible feature inclusion that fit a problem I (and perhaps others) are experiencing. You are correct, I can do it manually, which is my plan if I can’t find an automated method. Many extension developers entertain feature requests, apologies as I didn’t realize this was focused only on exactly what it does presently. Again, appreciate the prompt response.
    Basically, if its something I use I'll add it in - but if someone else wants to modify it and hand the code back - then I'll try it out and if it does not interfere with anything I do with it then I post the new code to Page 1 version.

Fiddlesticks. I tried just the deathindicator 4.16 extension and I no longer get blood or tombstones. I can see tombs in all assets and blood as well. I tried going back to 4.15 and 4.14 and at one point I got large blood splats on death, but no blood splats from wounds. Game soon. I will try a fresh campaign later.

Fiddlesticks. I tried just the deathindicator 4.16 extension and I no longer get blood or tombstones. I can see tombs in all assets and blood as well. I tried going back to 4.15 and 4.14 and at one point I got large blood splats on death, but no blood splats from wounds. Game soon. I will try a fresh campaign later.
    Not sure what is going on for you - for sure I have no problems. Nor has anyone else mentioned anything. You do have the .mod that comes with Death Indicators loaded in the right directory also I assume? The only way they should be missing is if they are literally missing from your assets (which is put in as a .mod file).

I see the tombstones tokens (even though they never appear). I cannot see the blood images in assets or in images. There is no DeathIndicator module to enable.
    DeathIndicatorEx v4.16.png

Tombstones are working again. No blood though. Not sure why the blood images are not being stored in the game given that everything else in the .ext is working.
    tombs no blood.png

Tombstones are working again. No blood though. Not sure why the blood images are not being stored in the game given that everything else in the .ext is working.
    tombs no blood.png
    I was not asking if you could "see the bloodspats" in assets. I was specifically asking if you had the .mod of Page 1 of this post in the "modules" subdirectory of FGU.

Because that is where all that stuff is referenced. I think only tombstones are specifically "shown" in assets. But that .mod file HAS to be in your "modules" subdirectory in FGU at startup of the application. So I was wondering if that was somehow missing - or out of date (not one in page 1) - on your machine running all this.

Because right now I don't know why its not working for you (pretty sure it used to).

Thread Information