Starfinder Playlist
Page 18 of 33 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    4.15 seemed to work ok yesterday. I had started before your last note so testing 4.16 will happen next friday at the latest.

Hi, I installed version 4.16 and just checked it. It is creating tombstones for both NPCs and PCs. It is no longer creating blood when they are injured. There does not seem to be a setting to affect that, so it must not be working.

Hi, I'm receiving an error when I launch FGU: [ERROR] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, I installed version 4.16 and just checked it. It is creating tombstones for both NPCs and PCs. It is no longer creating blood when they are injured. There does not seem to be a setting to affect that, so it must not be working.
    Tested it works fine - blood only will appear in map in case that is the issue. Try turning off all extensions except this one and try again. If it still fails create new campaign and try it there. Let me know what you see.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 12th, 2020 at 02:42.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Hi, I'm receiving an error when I launch FGU: [ERROR] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
    Are you running V4.16? Are all other extensions off when you run it? I don't see this error.

Build - FGU: v4.0.4 ULTIMATE (2020-12-03)
    The build for the extension is the one linked at the bottom of the pinned 1st post thread.

I get the error at the launcher, not in-campaign. It is the only EXT in the extensions folder. I've run the "check for updates," to no change.

EDIT: Re-downloaded a third time, that seemed to fix it :P
    Last edited by estrolof; December 12th, 2020 at 03:34.

Build - FGU: v4.0.4 ULTIMATE (2020-12-03)
    The build for the extension is the one linked at the bottom of the pinned 1st post thread.

I get the error at the launcher, not in-campaign. It is the only EXT in the extensions folder. I've run the "check for updates," to no change.
    ?

Ok lesson in extensions time. Extensions are not FGU. Nor are they ever updated by anything related to FGU. The only way you can update the extension is to actually copy the .ext file into your extension directory. The only place you can get this extension is in Page 1 of this thread. And you see the version number of that extension in your chat screen when you come up.

Based on what you just told me I'm pretty sure you don't have the latest version. But to see - you just look in your chat screen when you come up in FGU - it should be 4.16 - if not then you need to get the page 1 .ext file and put it in your extension directory over the old one.

So is it 4.16? For sure that error you see seems XML related and can also be caused by some kind of different XML parser in your machine but I'm not really sure on that. It's essentially complaining about a comment if I literally read it.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 12th, 2020 at 03:39.

Thanks, SilentRuin. 1) I am familiar with adding extensions; 2) It is v4.16 of the extension (and the mod is in the modules folder); 3) I moved all other extensions out of the extensions folder (not simply disable in the launcher) as part of my troubleshooting; 4) The error pop-up (as I said) occurred when launching the FGU client, before Loading a campaign; 5) I mentioned "Check for Updates" in case the error was because I was running an out-of-date FGU client that had a native conflict with the most recent extension version - not as a means to update the extension. The error has popped up since my previous post (with and without other extensions added), but is now inconsistently appearing. So, I will assume it's a non-issue, and ignore it.

Thanks, SilentRuin. 1) I am familiar with adding extensions; 2) It is v4.16 of the extension (and the mod is in the modules folder); 3) I moved all other extensions out of the extensions folder (not simply disable in the launcher) as part of my troubleshooting; 4) The error pop-up (as I said) occurred when launching the FGU client, before Loading a campaign; 5) I mentioned "Check for Updates" in case the error was because I was running an out-of-date FGU client that had a native conflict with the most recent extension version - not as a means to update the extension. The error has popped up since my previous post (with and without other extensions added), but is now inconsistently appearing. So, I will assume it's a non-issue, and ignore it.
    Ah my bad on that. I did read the "update" and mistook that to mean "the extension". I have heard this before and could never duplicate it - then people said it went away. So it's obviously an issue - I'm just not sure where. The comments are all <!-- comment --> which should be XML legal.

But it would not surprise me if some XML parser change made it "illegal" in certain areas of the XML as they tighten it up - or even somehow timing related.

If you wanted - you could remove all comments in the XMLs in the extension and I'm sure it would go away - I'm just not sure why you (and some other at one time) saw it. And worse, why its inconsistent. If you find out what is causing it I'll be happy to change it but I really don't know why its being generated. I even did a quick scan for an "<!---" or "--->" which would for sure generate that parser error.

Just not enough info to solve it, for now.

[As I hate templates with a fiery passion I shall choose to believe it is something to do with one of them - no reason - just because I hate them ]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 12th, 2020 at 04:14.

I will have to try tomorrow. My players just reached level 9 in mad mage and I left the FGU host and teams running so they could continue their PC choice discussions.

Thread Information