DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 33 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    After the latest update the saves and failures seem to not be working properly. The saves seem ok, but the failures don't seem to be added up. A critical failure doesn't kill the creature. I also had an unconscious creature saved 3 times and put back on 1 hp, then it was knocked unconscious again and with 1 successful save get back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
    After the latest update the saves and failures seem to not be working properly. The saves seem ok, but the failures don't seem to be added up. A critical failure doesn't kill the creature. I also had an unconscious creature saved 3 times and put back on 1 hp, then it was knocked unconscious again and with 1 successful save get back up.
    I tried it with your setting. Simply setting option to have NPC saving throw ON (which I never do as you know) then having orc set to HP 0 and start moving end turn over it for rolls. I could not see a problem. I even got a critical 1 failure for instant dead.

You'll have to show me how to duplicate this in an empty new campaign where you put an NPC with that option setting and move end turn over it when you have the HP 0.

If you can't duplicate it in that scenario then you likely have a corrupted DB or something - see earlier posts in this thread where one of the death indicator DB values needed to be deleted.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

New campaign worked. Have deleted <deathmanager>.....</deathmanager>. That campaign is still having having issues. Will keep trying to find the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
    New campaign worked. Have deleted <deathmanager>.....</deathmanager>. That campaign is still having having issues. Will keep trying to find the reason.
    Try your campaign without any other extensions. Keep in mind extensions that overwrite the same sections of code can be incompatible. I keep ones in my signature working together but have no idea what other extensions might stomp over.

Hi Silent, Last night I had a 5' cleric covered by a 15' blood splat. Any thought on where I might start looking for the problem? I had fiddled with the size on v4.12, but removed my changes when I switched to v4.14. Thx Web

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi Silent, Last night I had a 5' cleric covered by a 15' blood splat. Any thought on where I might start looking for the problem? I had fiddled with the size on v4.12, but removed my changes when I switched to v4.14. Thx Web
    As we discussed when you asked for the fix a while back the code was changed to do this:

Code:
    	local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

if not tokenCT then
    		Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.createDeathIndicator: Invalid combat tracker token");
    		return nil;
    	end

-- If the death indicator widget is not found, then we need to create it

local wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.findWidget("deathindicator");

if not wDeathIndicator then

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getImageSize();
    		wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.addBitmapWidget();
    		-- get true token image size and use 0.7 size of that. 
    		wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 0.7, nHeight * 0.7);
    		wDeathIndicator.setName("deathindicator");

end
    So my question is - does everything have a multiple of 3 times the size of the blood splat or just this cleric icon.

The code I have for the current extension version should be the above and that is going to use 0.7 of the "true image size" of the token to size the blood spat.

I just got into FGU and tested this for several tokens - one of them a yeti which is bigger than my PC's and they all worked fine. Even with yesterdays FGU update.

So my suggestion is you first do the following:

1) Load campaign and turn off all extensions except for this one.
    2) Place a PC in combat tracker and map that you know has worked in past.
    3) Set HP to 0 so blood splat occurs on it.

Is it 3 times bigger? If not, then do following:

4) Try placing the PC giving you problems and set to 0 HP.

Is it still 3 times bigger? If not then do the following:

5) Put all extensions back into your campaign. Redo above tests.

Is it 3 times bigger now? If none of these things can duplicate your issue then you might have just have some kind of corrupted DB.xml.

Gist is I have no idea what the issue is - whether its the sizing of that particular token or another extension doing something bizarre.

I'd need to duplicate it. Right now I can't.

Sorry, I have been distracted for a couple weeks. Last Friday I was having trouble with many extensions and was getting no tombstones. I will try to investigate shortly. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Sorry, I have been distracted for a couple weeks. Last Friday I was having trouble with many extensions and was getting no tombstones. I will try to investigate shortly. Thanks for your help.
    Nobody else has reported this in the intervening weeks FYI - so definitely turn off the other extensions for any testing. Even a brand new campaign might be in order to test it.

Wow. That was super weird. I started with FG BattleMap_outdoor2. I placed a dummy PC of mine. dropped hp to 0. I had changed the scale value from .7 to .3 preemptively. And the blood was just slightly bigger than the token. Then I dropped an aaroakra, dropped its hp to 0 and the blood was way too small.
    So I deleted the tokens from the map reset the hp and placed them again. This time the blood splats were all too small. I could not get it to recur. It was all a phantasm! Sorry for the false alarm. We used to call these situations NEOF (no evidence of failure).

Would it be a possible to add in some kind of check to the function that removes Unconscious so that things like the unconsciousness from a Sleep spell won't be removed automatically? Maybe something like if Unconscious has a duration > than 0 then it isn't removed?

Thread Information