FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 33 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba72 View Post
    Deleted both ext and mod then re-downloaded them... no issues now.
    Thank you for the voodoo that you do, so well.
    Was not my solution so can't take credit for it. The post that mordkhaan wrote was the solution. I never had the issue. No voodoo by me
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

During a game over the weekend my player's noticed that unconscious NPC's weren't making auto death saves. I have today turned of all other extension except for Death Indicator and the NPC's are still not auto rolling.
    PC's are working without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
    During a game over the weekend my player's noticed that unconscious NPC's weren't making auto death saves. I have today turned of all other extension except for Death Indicator and the NPC's are still not auto rolling.
    PC's are working without a problem.
    First make sure you have the latest version from page 1. If that is up to date then only NPCs that are marked important will ever do death Save rolls - and that is a rare NPC that would be intentionally marked important.

Let me know if this is still an issue as I’m unaware of this happening during my games as of the other week.

38FC1C73-C67F-454C-8104-04891666E690.jpeg
    The image shows the options settings.
    The combat tracker, with the unconscious orc.
    The chat widow shows loaded Extensions, inc Death Indicator v4.13.
    It also shows the extension not rolling death save for Orc 2. It just skips Orc 2, outputting the fact that it is unconscious.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Fantasy Grounds Unity. To check if that was the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Conspiracy; October 19th, 2020 at 10:33. Reason: Added line about reinstall.

It also shows the extension not rolling death save for Orc 2. It just skips Orc 2, outputting the fact that it is unconscious.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Fantasy Grounds Unity. To check if that was the problem.
    I see the issue - I have never - in my entire use and modification of this extension - ever used the options with NPC death savings throw to anything but Important. You have them On. And that indeed has a problem.

I'll see if there is something that can be done for that but having never tried it or seen it (keep in mind I modified this extension for my own uses and shared to community - I did not write it or that part of the logic). As far as I can tell that option does not work right now. Setting important for sure does. Personally I had no idea anyone would ever not have the run of the mill NPC's drop dead when 0 HP. I've only set player controlled NPC's to important (granted my extensions give the power for them to fully play an NPC).

I'll try to look at it today and see if something can be done to make this option work. Surprised it was an option actually - but evidently your group is using it so there must be people out there allowing generic NPCs to have death saving throws. I play RAW 5E where only named NPC's (important) get death saving throws - but if there was a homebrew option here already - I can see where I should see if I can get it to work. No promises.

Yeah looking at the code here I don't see how this has ever worked..

Code:
    	elseif sClass == "npc" then

if OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC", "off") then
    			return;
    		end
    		local important_npc = DB.getValue(nodeEntry, "important_npc", 0);	
    		if important_npc == 0 then
    			bPerformDeathRoll = false;
    		end
    	-- Only process auto death rolls for the "charsheet" and "npc" classes

else
    It never even checks for the "on" setting instead checks the database for that particular NPC and if its important_npc or not - which in your case - its not. Thus - will never ever do a death saving roll.

I'll give a shot at fixing it and put it in page 1 when done with a new version - but this was something that never worked.

New version on Page 1.

V 4.14 - made the option for auto death rolls for NPCs when set to "on" to actually work. Never did before.

Thank you for the quick turn around. Will test it later today.

My player's are the only reason I use all creatures with the death saves. They thought it was unfair the creatures didn't have the same chance they did to revive.

Interesting that until the last Unity update it appeared to be working fine.

Thank you for the quick turn around. Will test it later today.

My player's are the only reason I use all creatures with the death saves. They thought it was unfair the creatures didn't have the same chance they did to revive.

Interesting that until the last Unity update it appeared to be working fine.
    Not surprising to me. If you track the thread you can see there were several things updated while chasing bugs that seemed unsolvable - until they were. It's possible something changed to fix another bug that prevented this one from working.

In any case, works now. Let me know when you've verified it.

Verified and working. Thank you for keeping this running.

Thread Information