DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 33 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    Would it be a possible to add in some kind of check to the function that removes Unconscious so that things like the unconsciousness from a Sleep spell won't be removed automatically? Maybe something like if Unconscious has a duration > than 0 then it isn't removed?
    As you had me partially resolve this (there is no way to fully resolve it due to 5E ruleset logic which is also copied in other extensions for death save logic clearing it) I assume you will thoroughly test it for me. Load the Page 1 version as its been updated with a fix as best I could given the fact Sleep uses unconscious effect which has a lot of other use logic surrounding it.

V4.15 - Made sure that only unconscious effect of duration = 0 will be removed by HP death logic. This was to compensate for Sleep spell using unconscious duration = 10 being removed. In 5E though there are many places where logic will remove this in death save logic. Nothing I can do about that.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    As you had me partially resolve this (there is no way to fully resolve it due to 5E ruleset logic which is also copied in other extensions for death save logic clearing it) I assume you will thoroughly test it for me. Load the Page 1 version as its been updated with a fix as best I could given the fact Sleep uses unconscious effect which has a lot of other use logic surrounding it.

V4.15 - Made sure that only unconscious effect of duration = 0 will be removed by HP death logic. This was to compensate for Sleep spell using unconscious duration = 10 being removed. In 5E though there are many places where logic will remove this in death save logic. Nothing I can do about that.
    I appreciate you taking the time to look into this! I haven't had the chance to thoroughly test it in the sense of an actual full game scenario, but I did test it out by putting the Unconscious effect from a sleep spell on a creature and then advancing through the combat rounds. The creature did indeed remain unconscious until the duration had run out and then woke up as it should.

I recently upgraded to Unity from Classic and added this extension, as I was using the Classic version previously and quite enjoying it. I ran my first Unity session last night, in a campaign that I migrated over from Classic, and had a PC drop to 0 HP. When they did, the blood splatter icon was HUGE! While this made their plight quite dramatic, (I think we all jumped, and there was certainly lots of exclaiming over Discord) it also made it very difficult to see the rest of the map. This only occurs with the PCs, the NPC blood splatter icons (for an important NPC) are the appropriate size. In addition, the band-aid icon for the Stable effect is also ginormous on the PCs. However, the tombstone icon is sized correctly. I tested this on all of the PCs in my campaign, and they all have this issue. I also disabled all other extensions to rule out any conflicts, and still had the issue of huge blood splatter and band-aid icons.

Another note though, I tested this further with a variety of NPCs of different sizes. On some Large and bigger NPCs for which I created the tokens via Token Stamp the blood splatter is much smaller than I would expect and when compared to similarly sized creatures from the Monster Manual, for example. The PC tokens I created through Hero Forge and are high resolution. Is it the true size of the token that is creating this issue? For some extra clarity, the PC blood splats are all 15x15, and the blood splat on a large creature was 1x1, and on a huge creature it looked to be 2x2. I have some screen shots if it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Red View Post
    I recently upgraded to Unity from Classic and added this extension, as I was using the Classic version previously and quite enjoying it. I ran my first Unity session last night, in a campaign that I migrated over from Classic, and had a PC drop to 0 HP. When they did, the blood splatter icon was HUGE! While this made their plight quite dramatic, (I think we all jumped, and there was certainly lots of exclaiming over Discord) it also made it very difficult to see the rest of the map. This only occurs with the PCs, the NPC blood splatter icons (for an important NPC) are the appropriate size. In addition, the band-aid icon for the Stable effect is also ginormous on the PCs. However, the tombstone icon is sized correctly. I tested this on all of the PCs in my campaign, and they all have this issue. I also disabled all other extensions to rule out any conflicts, and still had the issue of huge blood splatter and band-aid icons.

Another note though, I tested this further with a variety of NPCs of different sizes. On some Large and bigger NPCs for which I created the tokens via Token Stamp the blood splatter is much smaller than I would expect and when compared to similarly sized creatures from the Monster Manual, for example. The PC tokens I created through Hero Forge and are high resolution. Is it the true size of the token that is creating this issue? For some extra clarity, the PC blood splats are all 15x15, and the blood splat on a large creature was 1x1, and on a huge creature it looked to be 2x2. I have some screen shots if it would help.
    Given that this gets updated a lot - and reading through a number of my previous posts in here (some of which dealt with this very issue) - I have to ask...

Do you keep up to date with this extension on Page 1? Note the version change comments. Note the version numbers. If your up to date you should be V4.15 showing up on your chat log when you start up. Are you?

The page 1 .ext file is always kept up to date to the latest version. (that particular fix you seem to be suffering from was fixed in V4.13 I believe)
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 3rd, 2020 at 19:20.

Given that this gets updated a lot - and reading through a number of my previous posts in here (some of which dealt with this very issue) - I have to ask...

Do you keep up to date with this extension on Page 1? Note the version change comments. Note the version numbers. If your up to date you should be V4.15 showing up on your chat log when you start up. Are you?

The page 1 .ext file is always kept up to date to the latest version. (that particular fix you seem to be suffering from was fixed in V4.13 I believe)
    I just purchased Unity on Monday, and I literally downloaded the extension yesterday, and ran my first Unity session last night. So yeah, I'm up to date. (I also double-checked the version in FG just now, just to be certain.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Red View Post
    I just purchased Unity on Monday, and I literally downloaded the extension yesterday, and ran my first Unity session last night. So yeah, I'm up to date. (I also double-checked the version in FG just now, just to be certain.)
    Weird because it sounds exactly like the last problem. And someone reported something similar a few pages up ...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post552989

And then it went away..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post559027

As you can see I quote the code getting the literal image size then reducing it by 0.7 in the code.

And I just locally tested it and it works normally. I'll contact you via PM.

Weird because it sounds exactly like the last problem. And someone reported something similar a few pages up ...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post552989

And then it went away..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post559027

As you can see I quote the code getting the literal image size then reducing it by 0.7 in the code.

And I just locally tested it and it works normally. I'll contact you via PM.
    I'll assume, as you've not responded in PM or here, that you solved your issue like the other guy. If you have, would be nice to say how. The fact the other guy deleted his tokens and then replaced them to get them to work makes me think there is some sort of difference in DB structure between FGC translated campaigns and FGU. Would be nice to know if that was true.

Hi, I am just starting up for tonight after verifying addons and keeping records. I put in version 4.15 of the indicator. I will let you know if I still have the problem. As I said before, I don't know what made it happen or made it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi, I am just starting up for tonight after verifying addons and keeping records. I put in version 4.15 of the indicator. I will let you know if I still have the problem. As I said before, I don't know what made it happen or made it go away.
    I'll have to check out the other guys situation as he did contact me. But if you have any ideas on how it happened to you in the first place - let me know. If you can't duplicate it then that's a good thing

Will try to find out how tokens vs widgets need to be properly scaled with each other but changed back to getSize from getImageSize on the token to do a 2.25 scale for the widget as that seemed to work for everyone. That I know of.

V 4.16 - Made another switch on how the sizing of tokens and blood splats is handled - back to getSize() and a 2.25 modification. Still not sure how the scaling should be done between token and widget should be done but will try to ask.

Thread Information