PF2E Playlist
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity

Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity

V 4.6 - Removed some calls that had no effect on behavior but were preventing use with another extension (See mlbrown post - updated his suggested fix).

V 4.7 - Removed handlers in DeathIndicatorEx\scripts\manager_npc_token.lua because they were using NPC sourcelink which is unreliable in certain cases and I could not see any use for this extension doing anything on CombatManager.setCustomAddNPC(), CombatManager.setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler(), or CombatManager.setCustomAddBattle(). I'm sure someone will let me know if this had something they needed. But the risk of bad tokens goes way down with this code removal.

V 4.8 - Removed IMMUNE TO DEATH completely as I had no purpose for it and it was causing issues with the things it had overwritten just for that single feature (this feature actually harmed my games for ghost like critters). Also put back in the code I removed in 4.7 as it was needed for NPC specific things. I'm closing the open issues until they reappear. Hopefully they will not. They were hard to duplicate but I "hope" my guess at a fix has resolved them. But I really won't know unless I never see them happen again (wrong token replacing something in combat tracker or failure to update hptemp in combat tracker - but seemingly random errors).

V 4.8 REDO OF ZIP BECAUSE OF NEW UPDATE TO FGU THAT CAN'T READ OLD ONE - Please test.

V 4.9 - This version has multiple fixes in it. The NPC xml header sheet is shared by more than just CT tracker - because this interface was not handling that it would cause custom NPC's to create a deathmanager entry in db.xml that would never be deleted and also because it changed the tokenfield to a tokencontrol it had to manage the creation of the token tag itself - which for custom NPC's it was not doing causing that tag to be missing in custom tokens. It also was failing to delete normal CT entries in deathmanager tag because it was trying to use DB.deleteChild with one argument instead of DB.deleteNode. All of this contributed to the seemingly random bogus token replacement in combat tracker and also the missing token data in custom NPCs. Now it will never try to update a custom NPC in the deathmanager tag and will properly cleanup deathmanager tag for CT entries that have manually had their tokens changed at some point. Safest to make sure you have no active death indicators in CT and delete the deathmanager tag entirely as described somewhere later in this thread - as this fix cannot fix any previous bad data in there. Gist being, beginning to regret volunteering to manage this thing. But as I need it - I will continue to do so.

A special version was modified by EllivasKram for use with MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update. I do not use this version, but it essentially drops off the ability to personalize the death indicator on a PC and uses the default instead. This was due to some real estate conflict on the record_char.xml sheet. Any questions should be directed to EllivasKram as I will not be using this version myself.
    V 4.91 - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post540181

Warning on this interface in case anyone else suffers from this - likely not or I'd have heard of it before but I'm mentioning it anyway - in this thread issue I had:
    Ye be warned.

Another Warning - I've seen NPCs do death saving throws when they are not configured as "important" and the option for only doing them when they are "important" is on. This is caused by the db.xml deathsavefail tag being 0 when it should be 3. The code only respects this value when determining if an NPC does a saving throw. I've fixed this in a dead NPC when I've seen this by turing on the important check mark and then unchecking/recheckign all the failed saving radio check marks then turning important back off. Or simply deleting and recreating the CT entry. This resets the value that you somehow turned to 0. Rare and only when you actively mess with settings.

I have contacted, via PM, and obtained permission from the original author celestian and the modification author Valerian Stormbreaker to make this modified version based on this old classic version Death Indicator Ext.

The Extension:

This extension is a "use at your own risk" modification solely tested in 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity.

The module file DeathIndicatorEx.mod was not modified from the version I started with (link above). It just contains a set of icons used for tombstones which I kept intact.

This has all of the original features from the version I started with (link above), with the following changes made for this modification:

- [THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED IN 4.8] Made COMBAT_DEATH_IMMUNE option to default to off. There is no case where I ever want something to not "die" at 0 hit points. All the immune from unconscious effect means to me is that you can never go unconscious, not that you never disappear from combat tracker (or in my world get a tombstone at 0 hit points). I can never see having this on - which was the default. Now the default is off.

- Icons for blood (dying) and tombstones (dead) already existed. I added one for stable. It's a band-aid icon that will appear when the stable effect occurs on a dying player which makes the death saving throws no longer necessary.

- Made the combat tracker skip any PC/NPC that is 0 hit points or unconscious. It will automatically make the saving throws for the dying (blood spatter) character (or special NPC) until they are stable (bandaid) or dead (tombstone).

- Removed button_tokens_host, button_tokens_shared, button_tokens_module references from utility_tokenbag.lua because they were null and causing error every time extension came up in Fantasy Grounds Unity.

- Made minor FGU compatibility changes.

- Made numerous changes so that all operations in combat tracker keep the unconscious (dying/stable/dead) states automatically updated no matter what is manually done. We kept having the usual mistakes in damage etc. that needed correcting - I wanted the death indicator stuff to instantly respect when this happened.

- Changed Death Indicator version to 4.5 and added some comments indicating it was modified.

- Made some console messages that specifically point out when a token in combat tracker is erring because the module was unloaded (likely). Yeah, that really happened to me.

The description and documents for this extension can be found in the original classic version of Death Indicator Ext. Having said that, I'm a lazy DM. I only modified the parts that impacted me. Basically I want to have blood spatter appear when PC is dying (or specially configured NPCs), a bandaid appear when they are stable, and a tombstone to appear when they are dead. All tied to the most minuscule change in combat tracker sheets instantly. This means I just see it happen along with the players without having to weed through the list of combat tracker effects, or whip out my microscopic lens and figure out what tiny icon is in the character icon, or mousing over them for the tool-tip to tell me. I see it at a glance of the map. So if you are dead lazy and have poor eyesight like me - this extension is for you.

Only tested in Fantasy Grounds Unity for D&D 5e (which requires CoreRPG) ruleset.

This is an "as is" sharing of code with the possibility (not the promise) that I will update it as I modify it for my own uses, or because FGU breaks me down the line sometime.

As this was the first extension I've ever modified, first time I've programmed in LUA, first time done anything in Fantasy Grounds (in this case only Unity)...

Use at your own risk, no guarantees they work with other extensions

Drop these files where ever your Fantasy Grounds Unity extensions (the .ext file) and modules (the .mod file) are stored.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 11th, 2020 at 15:56.

Good job ! Will test compatibilities ect and let you know about any conflicts I find.

Hey man loving this extension !, I finally got to try it out and it works great! I am running quite a few extensions and haven't found any conflicts with any of them.

Although it wasn't interfering with the extension working, I couldn't find the death.indicator.module when looking in Library-->modules, even though I placed in the module folder.

Fantastic can't wait to try this out during next week play!!!

Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.
    Thanks for checking that out!

Got another extension I just posted if you feel in a testing adventurous mood

Is this extension compatibile with 5e Enhancer?

I tested it with the 5e sub-enhancer extensions. I only disabled the 5e-enhancer wound sub-enhancer extension and it was working for me.

Looking great so far! Thanks for the useful extension!

Thread Information