DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 33 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriomir View Post
    I've been having issues where when using Death Indicator, some of my players in the combat tracker get turned into NPC's... help?
    I replied to your PM the day you sent it. Did you not read it? Here is the contents...

Only way I know that to have happen is to have some sort of corrupted data in your campaign. FGU indexes things with number which is why you can never copy .xml data with those indices directly into another campaign's .xml. Not sure how you corrupted yours - but it sounds like the tag contents of <death_indicators> in db.xml has indices that are from another campaign's CT list - or that you somehow manually did stuff to .xml and got the indices out of whack.

Backup up your db.xml then edit with notepad and remove the entire tag and contents for <death_indicators>content<death_indicators />. It will remake them with the correct indices if it can't find one already there.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Siriomir View Post
    I've been having issues where when using Death Indicator, some of my players in the combat tracker get turned into NPC's... help?
    I just noticed something different than what you described but figured I'd point it out also. I found that if an important NPC is set that rolling the dice can result in a critical success (and maybe critical failure also when you set WND < HP) which does not reset the tombstone back to the portrait. My solution for now is to drag the CT entry portrait back onto the map. I'll have to look at this as I've never noticed it before.

V4.28 - Bug - Client never really respected the display handling of important NPC sheet data as it should - was always displayed. Now it will only be displayed when important NPC is checked and react to changes on host or client.

Death Indicators Extension is preventing tokens from being changed from initial token definition. I'll have to look into it. Something in recent updates probably busted it. As I have not written this extension but maintain it, it may take me a while to figure out the crazy it was doing and resolve it.

Ok I've spent a week basically ripping huge gouges out of the Death Indicator code - deleting many things and simplifying others. Will it work? "Seems" to but I'm going to let it sit for a day before I deliver it. Next BACKUP your db.xml of your campaigns..

When I do you ARE REQUIRED to insure no dead things are around (tombstones in CT) - and ARE RECOMMENDED to delete the <deathmanager> tag and its contents out of your db.xml file. A cleanup thing more than anything that will hurt you - as I've gone a different approach with only CT data stored only when a death indicator is in play and removed it when it is not. So if you have nothing with tombstones out there then <deathmanger> should be empty of data (tags that hold data will still be there if you've created any). It will now solely operate off of the CT token in terms or what it restores instead of the indescribable weird logic it was doing before. Some things that never worked have been totally removed - specifically the NPC sheet had a right mouse menu option that was more dangerous than it was worth - and a players tokenbag was there which never worked (FGU stopped sharing token bags from host).

Anyway - prepare for my mantra to come into your campaigns...

EXTENSIONS = RISK

Coming soon.

[If you did leave tombstones out there you'll have to manually replace them with the token its supposed to be when not dead - as it will act like it would if you did not load this extension in the past until you use the new logic to kill things]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 16th, 2022 at 04:01.

V4.29 - FGU changes - Removed a lot of redundant functionality (players token tag/reset NPC token menu item) and changed <deathmanger> to store only CT tokens now. Backup all your campaigns or db.xml's at minimum. Any current death indicators (tombstones) currently displayed in CT created from before this update will need to be manually updated to their original token if they are brought back to life (just bring up sheet and drag its token back onto the CT). RECOMMENDED you remove <deathmanger> and all its content (or leave settings content if you wish or just redo the DI options again as you like them - I only use defaults) from db.xml of campaign purely to clean up old no longer used stuff - though you don't have to do this.

Obviously if you try to edit your db.xml of the campaign to remove <deathmanager> tag and its content, and did not back up your db.xml, and corrupted by doing some bizarre unknown thing...

Then you be crazy. Just don't bother editing the db.xml and you'll be fine - it will just leave some extra unused data (if you had any) in there.

EXTENSIONS = RISK
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 16th, 2022 at 16:45.

There is a bug (not sure how its happening) where if DI extension is used the Class and Level screen is missing the visual of the link icon - but if mouse over empty area it should be in the mouse hand appears and clicking opens the link.

I'm not familiar with anything that would touch this window so I'll have to look around for it first, then fix it when I get a chance.

BugLinkMissing.jpg

V4.30 - Bug - linkfield template override needed to completely override that template in order to display. The character sheet class window would fail to show links (even though they were clickable). Fixed.

The bug would look like this...

BugLinkMissing.jpg

The link was still clickable but the icon for it remained invisible.

Encountered a bug with this:
    Rolling a 20 on a death save throws an error. (disabled any other extension, didn't try a completely new campaign)

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1089: attempt to index local 'rRoll' (a nil value)
    Can be easily replicated with manual dice entry, but also happens when rolling normally.

Questions:
    Also, it seems like the death splatter/band aid are a bit large for most tokens? Or is this intended? (Looks like it uses 2x2 grid fields on 1x1 grid creatures)
    Maybe I missed it, is there an explanation for the options?

Thread Information