5E Character Create Playlist
Page 10 of 33 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    HI - I have had issues with this extension since MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

So with the help of 'ScriedRaven' - 'SilentRuin' has said its OK to post this mini tweaked version of 'Death Indicator EX v4.9.1'

You will notice it turns off the ability to alter the Characters 'Death Icon' - Sorry but defaults are fine IMHO and it fixes EXTN clashes where 'Death' Icon on MAIN-TAB was causing Draw issues..
    You will need to use "Go Advanced" to drop files into your post.

Also, I'm curious why an extension would benefit from removing what is essentially an extra field on the form. Most extensions (I did not write this one) should be aware other extensions may be using the same form and need to place things on it relatively with that in mind. For sure if everyone just stomps over their desired spot you will get needless conflicts.

Gist is there is a number of ways you could get extensions to play well together and multiple ways you can screw that up. If your extension has to completely rewrite something then the only way you can get another extension to "win" with its version is to change the extension.xml loadorder tag to have the highest number the one you want to "win". Of course, that can make the other extension not work in some cases also if its not a single self contained feature you don't mind losing. You can also tailor extensions to work with eachother but that is a pain for everyone involved.

Best solution - try and code things you have to overwrite where you still call the original version (if possible) so that you play with anyone else in a nice manner. I've not really seen anyone attempt that (and it won't always work) but me.

In the end, nature of extensions written by people who don't use the other extensions you might be using is that they simply will be incompatible in some places.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 8th, 2020 at 17:17.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi SilentRuin, one question, just out of curiosity...would it be possible to add a bloodied indicator when the hp reaches half the maximum value? Or a progression of blood token/images on token just like 5e enhancer?

At the moment I'm using matjam extension but I'm not really interested in the save check part.

Thank for your patience and availability.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi SilentRuin, one question, just out of curiosity...would it be possible to add a bloodied indicator when the hp reaches half the maximum value? Or a progression of blood token/images on token just like 5e enhancer?

At the moment I'm using matjam extension but I'm not really interested in the save check part.

Thank for your patience and availability.
    I use FGU for that sort of thing - set the bar for damage along the side of the icon. Have no plans to do a graphics blood stain progression on the map.

4th Edition thing... But I use detailed in Options :-

Combat (GM)
    --> View: Health - Non-ally [Status]
    --> View: Wound Catagories [Detailed]

more than enough for group to see they need not run... Well maybe not....

HI - I have had issues with this extension since MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

So with the help of 'ScriedRaven' - 'SilentRuin' has said its OK to post this mini tweaked version of 'Death Indicator EX v4.9.1'

You will notice it turns off the ability to alter the Characters 'Death Icon' - Sorry but defaults are fine IMHO and it fixes EXTN clashes where 'Death' Icon on MAIN-TAB was causing Draw issues..
    Made another fix to a bug that has been hitting me in my campaign - so if you want that change in your version you'll have to grab it and repost your fix. I will then relink your post to page 1 if you want. Again - I don't plan on ever using your version as you take out stuff I want in order to be compatible with something I won't be using so won't have that as the "active" page 1 version - but have no problem with linking in your version. Currently your 4.91 version is out there - probably should have been 4.9.1 but the newest version is 4.10 you can let me know what version and where you post it so I can link it in page 1. Just reply to this post to notify me. If you ever fix it so I don't lose what I use - then I'll merge it into my code - but currently you just remove it.

v4.10.1 of 'Death Indicator EX' - I have modified to remove clash with....

OK - I'm working on fixing the TOKEN clash - But "MadNoMad's Sheet_Tweaks" is really manipulating the token locations on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So until then please enjoy this modified version of the v4.10 EXTN that supports the 'Sheet-Tweaks' by just removing the 'DeathIndicatorsEX' token on the CHAR MAIN Tab..
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK - I'm working on fixing the TOKEN clash - But "MadNoMad's Sheet_Tweaks" is really manipulating the token locations on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So until then please enjoy this modified version of the v4.10 EXTN that supports the 'Sheet-Tweaks' by just removing the 'DeathIndicatorsEX' token on the CHAR MAIN Tab..
    Page 1 updated.

v4.10.4 of 'Death Indicator EX'

Works (Play's Nice with) "MadNoMad's Character Sheet_Tweaks" on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So now I believe All functionality restored - SilentRuin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EllivasKram; September 26th, 2020 at 02:28.

[QUOTE=EllivasKram;544996]v4.10.4 of 'Death Indicator EX'

V4.10.4?

If you want it replacing the original code you'll have to post it someplace so I can check it out - then if it works for me I'll replace the Page 1 version of stuff moving forward (as I'll work from that version of the source for any updates).

[Obviously I'll be hoping I've already made my last update/fix after your stuff is incorporated.]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 26th, 2020 at 02:33.

Works (Play's Nice with) "MadNoMad's Character Sheet_Tweaks" on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So now I believe All functionality restored - SilentRuin
    Superficial test seemed to work for me so it is now the DeathIndicator version that is delivered on Page 1. You were added to the list of authors I credit in the post in addition to listing the version update also. Give a try to make sure its all good for you also.

Thread Information