Starfinder Playlist
Page 29 of 33 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by woodscanner View Post
    Attachment 53533
    Yup - here it is, didn't even load a theme, so it's the empty circle rather than the empty dragon head in the top left corner.
    interestingly I can load it into an existing encounter, and then load the encounter on the combat tracker, but you then get a series of error messages. Despite this it works normally - except that the circle for the spectre added to the existing encounter is empty?Attachment 53534
    Attachment 53535
    All very odd.
    Ok, this is going to take longer than I thought. I did not write most of this extension and basically ported it to FGU and ripped out most of its guts to conform to what I wanted with permission from the original authors. Every once in a while something comes up in some part of the code I've never looked at. This linkfield logic laced throughout this is one of those places - and this changed a lot in recent update.

Ipso facto, this may take a while as I'll have to guess at what it was trying to do with all this and then figure out what it needs to do now. I assume PCs still work fine and only NPC sheet is the issue correct?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by woodscanner View Post
    Attachment 53533
    Yup - here it is, didn't even load a theme, so it's the empty circle rather than the empty dragon head in the top left corner.
    interestingly I can load it into an existing encounter, and then load the encounter on the combat tracker, but you then get a series of error messages. Despite this it works normally - except that the circle for the spectre added to the existing encounter is empty?Attachment 53534
    Attachment 53535
    All very odd.
    V4.25 - Bug - FGU update had changed to some record header id lua logic. Caused link button to be hollow - fixed.

Hi,

Just tried the extension tonight will all updates applied (and disabled all other extensions for testing) and I get an error in chat that "[ERROR] Unable to create NPC record. ([monster_name])" and the token is not added to the map when I drag an encounter to the combat tracker.
    If the encounter contains more than 1 monster I get several errors, one per token not added.

Let me know I you need any specific log from me about this.

Best,
    Thengus
    Last edited by Thengus; July 14th, 2022 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Thengus View Post
    Hi,

Just tried the extension tonight will all updates applied and I get an error in chat that "[ERROR] Unable to create NPC record. ([monster_name])" and the token is not added to the map when I drag an encounter to the combat tracker.
    If the encounter contains more than 1 monster I get several errors, one per token not added.

Best,
    Thengus
    Does it show V4.25 in your chat log?

Yes, I've updated both FG and all extensions just before of the game.

Death Indicator Ex v4.25 for Fantasy Grounds Unity\r[Permission to modify obtained from original authors celestian and Valerian Stormbreaker (FG forum handles)]\rModified 2021 by SilentRuin for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unityrecord.
    After getting the issue I started disabling everything and the issue disappeared with Death Indicators, so i tested by itself and the issue was back.

Yes, I've updated both FG and all extensions just before of the game.

After getting the issue I started disabling everything and the issue disappeared with Death Indicators, so i tested by itself and the issue was back.
    Duplicated - yet another part of the code I've never looked into. I am truly beginning to hate Death Indicators. I'll look to see if I can figure out what its trying to do that was wrecked by recent FGU update. May take a while - as I've never looked into this part of this extension.

Hi,

Just tried the extension tonight will all updates applied (and disabled all other extensions for testing) and I get an error in chat that "[ERROR] Unable to create NPC record. ([monster_name])" and the token is not added to the map when I drag an encounter to the combat tracker.

Best,
    Thengus
    V4.26 - Bug - Not sure why death indicators ever replaced the encounter AddBattle logic but I've ripped it out as it was causing problems. Generated NPC errors and would not place encounters in map.

As I have no clue why they were replacing the AddBattle logic to begin with and saw no issues ripping it completely out as I do to so many issues I find in this code - I'll consider it not needed. Which also fixes the problem it had with replacing that code in the first place.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 14th, 2022 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V4.26 - Bug - Not sure why death indicators ever replaced the encounter AddBattle logic but I've ripped it out as it was causing problems. Generated NPC errors and would not place encounters in map.
    You are a star, issue resolved in 24 minutes…

And if you keep going like this, the extension will do exactly what you want with no code at all…

Thanks!
    Thengus

V4.27 - Bug - Had to strip out more setAnchors for no longer supported operations. Errors in console log was problem.

I've been having issues where when using Death Indicator, some of my players in the combat tracker get turned into NPC's... help?

Thread Information