DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 33 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jbbru View Post
    Hello,

I have been playing with a new party recently and some of my players told me that they would prefer to not see if monsters are dead or not rigthaway (they want me to tell them how the monsters are dying before marking them as dead). So I tried to mess up with immunities and made the monsters "immune to uncounscious", that way the combat tracker will not spill the beans even if monsters are at 0 HP. But the thing is that Death Indicator will automatically display a tomb if it detects that a monster is at 0hp, which will tell my players that the monster is dead even if they don't see him as unconscious.
    I understand that it is the intended way of working of this extension (which is great), but I was wondering if I had any way to make it so that tombs are displayed only if monsters are both at 0Hp AND unconscious ?

PS: I also can't seem to find how to set a npc as important, I have no options displayed on npc's forms. I have the latest version of both FGU and the extension so I dont know what I'm missing.
    Attachment 42951
    If you have the latest and greatest Page 1 version of this extension (which you always should have unless you've modified it for your own use) then you should have under the host OPTIONS (looks like a gear in upper right of your app) some death indicator options. I've not really played with them to much (they were there from when I ported it to FGU), but you can set NPC: death saving throws to Important if you want the option for NPC's to be able to be marked important. There are other options there also - you can play around with it and see what gets you close to what you want. For sure setting important can only ever be used to start making the NPC having death saving throws like a PC has. Immune to unconscious reeked havoc with things in FGU and also with undead things (they could never die) so was removed completely from this version. As I can never imagine an instance in my game of ever encountering something that when it reaches 0 does not "die" as an NPC (or at least enter saving throws if important) which would be dead obvious to a PC - I have never cared about it. If you have a special creature like Strahd (a vampire that goes to mist when it dies potentially) then you can just make the "tombstone" a mist token. The tombstones are just tokens after all. But I never want to have an NPC appear alive - when its not. The entire purpose of death indicators is that you are a lazy DM who likes to see from the map the state of things at a glance. If they don't see an NPC when it dies - and you don't want them to see it - make it invisible. Otherwise, check out the options and see if you can make it do what your wanting - as I don't understand what that is - you'll have to figure out if it can do what you want.

But if its just word play - nothing stops you from doing that - the tombstone would just tell you it was time to start telling them how it died. An indicator.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 17th, 2021 at 20:20.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Well I figured out there might not be a simple solution to my question, and I have to admit that when you apply logic to it making a dead npc looking "not dead" doesn't make that much sense. I was also not anticipating which consequences immune to unconscious could have, so thanks for the warning. Anyway thank you for your quick answer and your insights, I will look again at the option to see if I can make the "important" option appear on the npcs.

you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

How do I know I have the latest version? There are no dates associated to the versions listed in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Rock008 View Post
    How do I know I have the latest version? There are no dates associated to the versions listed in the first post.
    Page 1 has it always. You know because post has stated it’s been changed and version on page 1 is updated and date on attachment matches dates of post updates.

Plus in this case it will go BOOM if you don’t have it and have FGU latest version. Plus chat has version you can check when FGU comes up.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 17th, 2021 at 12:59.

Great. Thanks.

Tried it out and it worked great except the death saving throws don't automatically check off in the character sheet now. When I disable it, the saving throws work automatically again.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post
    Tried it out and it worked great except the death saving throws don't automatically check off in the character sheet now. When I disable it, the saving throws work automatically again.
    This was a bug in the recent FGU upgrade that broke all the extensions that I though they had fixed in the TEST server. This code must have a copy of that stuff that was fixed and I never got it after I verified it was fixed. Let me check.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post
    V4.20 - During FGU update got bad code that caused death saves not to be checked off. Fixed.

Page 1 has the updated .ext and this version update to the text. Good find. My stupid fault - I found the bug - verified their fix -then forgot to fix my copy of it

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V4.20 - During FGU update got bad code that caused death saves not to be checked off. Fixed.

Page 1 has the updated .ext and this version update to the text. Good find. My stupid fault - I found the bug - verified their fix -then forgot to fix my copy of it
    4.20 Blaze it?

Tested it out and works perfectly now. Thanks for the quick fix!

Thread Information