Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Fighting styles are manual. Free Skills for operatives needs to be marked manually on edit skills. Make sure you have Longarm Proficiency in Proficiencies and not Feats, add it if you don't. If none of that works, pm me your character.xml
    i dont know what "fighting styles are manual" means. the first skill shows up in the other tab of the style. So at level nine sharpshooter will just have snipers aim in the other tab when it should have snipers aim, focus fire, and Intense focus in there. In fact it used to have those things in the other tab, that you could then drop into the class abilities, but the list is no longer populating correctly

Quote Originally Posted by thecause80 View Post
    i dont know what "fighting styles are manual" means. the first skill shows up in the other tab of the style. So at level nine sharpshooter will just have snipers aim in the other tab when it should have snipers aim, focus fire, and Intense focus in there. In fact it used to have those things in the other tab, that you could then drop into the class abilities, but the list is no longer populating correctly
    It means that you have to drag and drop the fighting style that you want onto your abilities tab
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It means that you have to drag and drop the fighting style that you want onto your abilities tab
    right, I did that, for sharp shooter. Then when you open up sharp shooter and go to the "other" tab, the appropriate techniques for your level should be in there. But they arent. just the level 1 technique is in there.

Many of the popup automations stopped working with COM due to ruleset changes, and possibly other reasons. So, you have to go into Artificial Intelligence and select the appropriate one from the Other tab and drag it to your Class Abilities. This does not automatically add Heavy Armor and Longarm proficiency, you have to drag and drop those from the FEATS list to your Proficiencies (only).

For Soldier, you need to go in to Primary Fighting Style on your Class Abilities and drag the appropriate one (e.g. Sharpshoot) from the Other tab onto your Class Abilities. You will then need to go into the Sharpshoot feature and drag and drop the Snipers Aim to the Class Abilities from the Other tab. If you are not seeing them on the other tab, I would assume that you are trying to work on this character from Manage Characters, rather than from a campaign....Manage Characters is deprecated in FGU and hasn't worked for Starfinder properly in FGC for as long as I can remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Many of the popup automations stopped working with COM due to ruleset changes, and possibly other reasons. So, you have to go into Artificial Intelligence and select the appropriate one from the Other tab and drag it to your Class Abilities. This does not automatically add Heavy Armor and Longarm proficiency, you have to drag and drop those from the FEATS list to your Proficiencies (only).

For Soldier, you need to go in to Primary Fighting Style on your Class Abilities and drag the appropriate one (e.g. Sharpshoot) from the Other tab onto your Class Abilities. You will then need to go into the Sharpshoot feature and drag and drop the Snipers Aim to the Class Abilities from the Other tab. If you are not seeing them on the other tab, I would assume that you are trying to work on this character from Manage Characters, rather than from a campaign....Manage Characters is deprecated in FGU and hasn't worked for Starfinder properly in FGC for as long as I can remember.

Again, I am in campaign and looking in sharpshooter. I know that it SHOULD look like the pic you posted. What I am saying is it DOES NOT look like that, I only have the level one skill in there, even though i am level 9

So i made a character from scratch and i see all the items in the other tab. Image 1

You can always go to the class and drag them from there. Image 2
    Do you have any extensions running?
    Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Ok I can recreate the problem. I leveled a character from 1-9 without adding the Sharpshooter to the abilities before leveling then it only has the first one.
    Make sure you are leveling the PC completely before adding more levels.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Temporary Workaround Extension for ruleset bugs - in progress..see here
    aka Laendra

Hey thanks for the quick fix, damage reduction works now but for some reason it says s'I am here' when you overcome the damage reduction...
    Screenshot (145).png

haha, I put that in to make sure the code was working...I'll take it out. Early AM coding before I went to bed
    Last edited by deer_buster; July 12th, 2020 at 17:37.
    aka Laendra

Thread Information