DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Okay so bleeding is pretty simple to explain, it gets reduced by damage reduction (which it shouldn't) and it seemingly doesnt count as a damage type for immunities. There are creatures, like constructs or undead, that get "IMMUNE: bleeding" and I also tried "IMMUNE: bleed" yet they still take the damage. Exeption here are Incorporeal creatures cause they ignore physical damage but then again bleeding isnt a physical damage type.
    Second one would be Incorporeal creatures in general: So if you just regard the normal 8 damage types (Kinetic: Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing, Energy: Acid, Cold, Electrictiy, Fire and Sonic) it works just as intended. Kinetic is ignored completely and Energy just gets halfed. Now there are other damage types in the game obviously, for example there is force damage, which deals full damage to incorporeal creatures (that works as well) or maybe the alignment damage good, evil, lawful and chaotic. Which are just there to overcome damage reduction or resistance of certain creatures but for example a weapon that deals "piercing, good" damage deals half the damage to an incorporeal creature. Same for adamantine, cold iron, and silver. Magic damage is interesting as well. Now there are different weapon fusions in the game, all of which would add the magic damage type to your weapon since it says in the CRB: "Weapons with fusions are considered magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction." but only really one of them allows you to also deal that damage to incorporeal creaures namely the "ghost killer" fusion. In FG weapons with the magic damage type (for example fire, magic or piercing, magic to cover kinetic and energy) all deal about 3/4 of the damage to incorporeal creatures. To fix the ghost killer weapon I'm giving the weapons force and magic as damage type so they work like intended. But I can't give a weapon the magic damage type cause it has some fusion and still stop it from dealing damage to incorporeal creatues. Also the 3/4 damage is just so wierd to me, where does that ratio even come from...
    EDIT: Oh and I did some more testing... Incorporeal creatures shouldn't be affected by critical hits, so they would take normal damage. And If I were to use other damage types that the system recognises (like positive and negative damage) that also doesnt work but I didn't expect it to be, since Starfinder doesn't have these.

Sorry for the long text
    Last edited by Evolivolution; July 13th, 2020 at 19:04. Reason: Some more testing.

Bleeding is caused by kinetic damage, yeah? So it makes sense that DR reduces that, unless you can point me to a rule that says otherwise? Ghost Killer allows for criticals on incorporeal creatures (says so in the description). I will have to check out more on the what does/doesn't affect incorporeal creatures in the ruleset.

FYI, this is the list of things that are currently available to be listed as IMMUNE.

"acid",
    "cold",
    "electricity",
    "fire",
    "sonic",
    "nonlethal",
    "critical",
    "charm",
    "poison",
    "sleep",
    "sleep effects",
    "paralysis",
    "petrification",
    "polymorph",
    "stunning",
    "fear",
    "bleed",
    "disease",
    "death effects",
    "flat-footed",
    "mind-affecting",
    "mind-affecting effects",
    "necromancy",
    "vacuum",
    "unflankable",
    "nonlethal",
    "radiation",
    "sight-based attacks",
    "visual effects",
    "illusions",

aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Bleeding is mostly caused by kinetic weapons yes, but there are a number of different ways to inflict bleeding without dealing kinetic damage in the first place. Also in CRB263 on Damage Reduction: "Damage reduction (DR) applies to kinetic damage—any bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage—that a character takes, regardless of that damage’s source. It does not apply against damage with no damage type or any other damage type" which would make me think it doesnt apply to bleeding damage cause it's a different damage type. I tried the "IMMUNE: bleed" effect on multiple occations in my campaign now. I have an operative that has the bleeding shot exploit (a way to cause bleeding without dealing physical damage since you can use it with any small arm and operative melee weapon btw) in my group and tried to make enemys immune with the effect but it doesnt work. My guess would be since its in the list down with the other effect descriptors that its used as a descriptor like fear effect or mind-affecting effect but it should be a damage type like acid, cold, etc. (for immunity purposes). From my experence these descriptor immunities dont actually do anything, at least if you cast a mind-affecting spell at a creature with "IMMUNE: mind-affecting" that doesnt show up anywhere, so that might be why bleed isnt working.
    Ghost killer lets you crit incorporeal creatures yes, but my concern is the attacks that aren't made with a ghost killer weapon. Ghost killer weapons work fine if you set the conditions right in my opinion. I just tried the "IMMUNE: critical" effect but that also doesn't work, probably also cause handled as a descriptor immunity.

Also while we're on critical hits and DR... DR aplies twice to critial hits right now, while in CRB245 it says: " You roll your damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses and including any additional damage from special abilities, and then add the rolls together.". So it should be just one damage instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Also while we're on critical hits and DR... DR aplies twice to critial hits right now, while in CRB245 it says: " You roll your damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses and including any additional damage from special abilities, and then add the rolls together.". So it should be just one damage instance.
    interesting...hadn't come across that yet...I'll have to try it out

EDIT: Confirmed. Oddly enough the same doesn't apply to energy resistances...they only apply their resistance to the total.
    Last edited by deer_buster; July 17th, 2020 at 05:03.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Found and fixed the issue for Players not able to drag items to the inventory. I've requested that it be pushed to TEST. I'll update the other thread when that happens.
    aka Laendra

SFRPG Support:

So I found a Unity setting bug for SFRPG only. I tested it in PF2RPG and it is working properly. The setting is called Party Vision and Movement (under Token (GM)). When set to OFF players cannot click on their allies' tokens to cheat the LoS and see what others see, also they cannot see their allies tokens and uncover the explored areas, as-well-as manipulate others' tokens (move etc.), which is working in PF2RPG. This is not working in SFRPG: players can click on friendlies and see exactly what they see, they can uncover unexplored areas before exploring them through their allies LoS (uncover the fog of war), and they can manipulate others' tokens.

Please help fix this issue.
    Thank you,
    Jarad Rock (jrock1)

I've submitted a fix for this to the SFRPG developers for them to use. It looks like they're in the middle of some other changes; so it will be included with their next push.

Regards,
    JPG

Adding an item to a parcel always adds two items.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    Adding an item to a parcel always adds two items.
    Confirmed and added it to v2.1.3 known bugs... Please use the sticky forum topic to report bugs
    aka Laendra

Thread Information