Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DK1138 View Post
    Is the learning curve as vertical as I am led to believe? I have Wonderdraft and Dungeondraft but neither are really at the city level and I would love to get involved, despite not necessarily having the $51AUD at the moment.....
    It certainly takes some effort, but there is a point where it clicks into place and you appreciate its raw power. It's a CAD program (works with vectors, but does have raster symbols, fills and effects) as opposed to a paint program (primarily raster), and what intuition and experience with other software might lead you to believe you should do won't necessarily be the right way. The documentation has to be worked through to understand it, but once you do you come to see why it is the way it is. And you will always find answers on the company forum either via searching or asking questions. If you're up for the challenge of learning it, I highly recommend it, especially at this bundle price.

Is the learning curve as vertical as I am led to believe? I have Wonderdraft and Dungeondraft but neither are really at the city level and I would love to get involved, despite not necessarily having the $51AUD at the moment.....
    There's some very good video tutorials that are a must to get understanding and the full power out of CC3.

The ones from Joe Sweeney (not too far away in Sydney) are excellent: https://www.youtube.com/user/joesweeney88
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    If you purchase CC3+, DO THE TUTORIALS

As mentioned, CC has a work flow that is different than what most people have used before. Trying to learn on your own is not wise. The time spent do the tutorials will make creating your own first map much more enjoyable and much much faster.

And note, the Tome of Ultimate Mapping is a great resource. It's like a help book on steroids. A great resource for detailed references and advanced tutorials.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by OverCriticalHit View Post
    It's certainly old-school, but once you've got over the learning curve it is super powerful, imo.
    For sure, I've been using it since the early 00's (when it was still CC2), and spent a long time getting proficient with it, not being familiar with autoCAD. But for me, newer apps like Wonderdraft do the job more easily.

I'm glad I could help so many of you part with your money.

Sorry for yet another question, is anyone running it on a Mac either through parallels or another method? I have a desktop windows PC but most of my free time is when I’m away with my MacBook and so just wondering if it’ll be too big a pain to attempt to run CC3 with my laptop

Sorry for yet another question, is anyone running it on a Mac either through parallels or another method? I have a desktop windows PC but most of my free time is when I’m away with my MacBook and so just wondering if it’ll be too big a pain to attempt to run CC3 with my laptop
    The performance will depend on the configuration of your laptop. If you don't have enough CPU and Memory to satisfy the Windows 10 (assuming you will use that as guest OS) requirements then the experience will be bad. CC3+ is 32bit application, so, 6-8 GB memory for the virtual machine will be sufficient (if you don't do anything else on it). CPU and HDD is another deal.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    I know there are people on the Profantasy forums who use it on a Mac. You might look there and see if you can get more feedback.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I’ve gotten it to run through wine on my Mac and it ran pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I’ve gotten it to run through wine on my Mac and it ran pretty well.
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of going all Mac, but running Windows with Bootcamp. If it runs under Wine, then I doubt I'd have any problems on a Windows installation.

Thread Information