5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but I thought I'd clarify prior to installing FG2. I have the full version of FG1 (purchased via this site's store), but I have no idea what my license key is, or where it is stored.
    Will this be a problem for the install or will FG2 work it out by itself based on the currently installed FG1?
    If it is going to be a problem not having the license key, are there any solutions I can do before I start the download?
    John

It will be automatically detected by the installer.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Many thanks for the incredibly rapid response! As a matter of interest, is it vitally important that I have a copy of the license key? If so, will I be able to retrieve it from FG2?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Salar
    Many thanks for the incredibly rapid response! As a matter of interest, is it vitally important that I have a copy of the license key? If so, will I be able to retrieve it from FG2?
    John
    Well, if you want your license key, it's in your registry. Unless you feel like formatting or uninstalling fg, it's not vitally important, but it's always advisable to keep a backup.

Okay, I have two computers both running windows 2000.

On one computer, I used the full license I have to install. Install went fine, but when on the first window showing the choices "host", "play", "characters" I cannot click anything. The program seems to be locked up. FG 1.05 works fine on this computer, so please don't say, dude its your computer

On the other computer, I used the lite license and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    Well, if you want your license key, it's in your registry. Unless you feel like formatting or uninstalling fg, it's not vitally important, but it's always advisable to keep a backup.
    Makes sense. Thanks for that, I'll go hunting around the Registry and track the bugger down for future reference.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Salar
    Makes sense. Thanks for that, I'll go hunting around the Registry and track the bugger down for future reference.
    John
    A quick edit -> search and then "fantasy grounds" will show you a value called "licencekey". Perhaps you may want to "search next"... But if you know what the registry is, you most likely don't need me to tell you this. Still, glad to be of service

The updater won't execute for me. I guess it's because I'm behind a firewall and require proxies to access the internet.

Is there a way to tell the updater where the proxy is?

having problems with updater same as other people

Getting package listing
    Done!

then nothing

Registry key for your FG1 key is:
    HKCU/Software/Fantasy Grounds/LicenseKey

For FG2 (same key as FG1, if you have it installed):
    HKCU/Software/Fantasy Grounds/2.0/LicenseKey

Thread Information