5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegraf View Post
    Understand the priority on core items, but would be nice if players could add their own tokens and portraits to their characters.
    As mentioned subsequently, players can add their own portraits - which will auto generate a token when the portrait is added to a PC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

*duplicate info*
    Last edited by Milke; February 28th, 2021 at 20:25.

Are there any plans to ever implement sharing of tokens like other images can be? I would like to let my players use character tokens in my games from the token packs I have...

Has there been any progress on this issue?

It seems a little strange that my players can set an image as a portrait (which can then also become a token) but can't set the same image as a token directly without changing the portrait. Just off the top of my head, it seems like you could just add the ability to lock the token (so changing the portrait wouldn't change the token) as a workaround if it's just too much to ask for players to be able to manage their own tokens directly. That way a player could add a token as a portrait, lock it on the sheet, and then replace it with an actual portrait.

Or, y'all could just let players add tokens to the character sheet. I know the DM will still have to drag it over to the combat tracker, but the current implementation is inelegant in the extreme. A player has to look for the token he wants, then send the image to me (the dungeon master) in discord, then I have to find it in the assets and drag it to the sheet for him. That can't be the best we can get on FGU, especially considering that it worked just fine in FGC.

The way assets work in Unity is wholly different from the way they worked in Classic - so it's not an easy matter to give players control of tokens. Portraits were always treated differently which is why they're available for the players. I imagine that this isn't a high priority matter at this time.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So, a couple of years later, has there been any progress?

Blog Entries
    Not on this issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I believe there was some sort of performance related issues in regards to sharing token libraries. However, I think it was something related to large volumes of token assets on the host side trying to push the collection thumbnails and list.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It seems to me that having the DM share tokens isn't really necessary. Simply letting the player maintain a library of his own tokens and accessing those tokens like he can already access the portraits would be just fine. For example, I almost always use custom tokens, and when I'm a player I have to send a token to the DM, usually remind the DM how to add it to her assets, and then get her to apply the token to my character. Not a big deal once, or even once in a while, but it simply isn't practical for her to switch tokens for me when my paladin mounts on his warhorse or something similar.

If I could apply and switch tokens for my own character, it would make it practical to use a token that reflected one of several statuses for a given character, which is a very convenient visual cue reminding everyone of who's mounted, or even whether a character has a melee weapon equipped.

I imagined that introducing the perspective view and full-body tokens in addition to the top-down would have been a great time to implement this fix which, as this thread demonstrates, we've been asking for lo, these many years.

Blog Entries
    I don't think anyone disagrees that players being able to do their own tokens would be nice. I don't recall anyone ever saying it shouldn't be available, but just why it hasn't and some of the problems with some of the possible solutions.

But early architecture decisions means its not a simple update. Given 'cost' and relative reward for this change, it simple hasn't been prioritized high enough to spend the hours changing it so that this feature can be added. When the new wish list gets setup, make sure the idea is there and it gets voted or otherwise indicated. I doubt the devs will ever forget this request, but it's always best for us to make sure we (respectfully) they don't forget

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information