DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Known issue?

Known issue?

I came across a pretty significant issue. When importing characters from one campaign to another a lot of info is being scrambled. So far I have noticed this anomaly mainly in the combat tab and for the tokens/portraits. In the combat tab, the items listed is being disrupted. Out of 12 characters, 5 have normal skill items replaced by random items from in inventory tab of that character, or in some instances, items fro other characters' inventories. 1 character has items in the combat tab missing with no such odd replacement. Also the portraits and token images in the character sheet for at least three characters have been swapped out for other character images. This appears to affect the token image.

Additionally, I noted one of my character's perception skill bonus in the party sheet was increased by quite a huge amount from 10 to 70.

Addendum: There appears to be a link between the character who's token image is being added to the character that is imported. I deleted the characters from the new campaign and imported them again one at at time, taking note of the portrait and token images and what items were in the combat tabs. The items that are being added to combat tabs directly correlate with items in the token image that does not belong to that character (i.e. the items in the combat tab such as rings, hoods, tents, saddle bags or in some cases weapons and shields can be found in the newly added token image characters inventory, not to say that some of the items are also present in other characters' inventories, but many are unique to that token image character's inventory).

I have been able so far to catch the scrambling right after import, change the token image to the correct image, and note that the combat items are correct in all but three characters that have been deleted and imported again.

Hi DodjerArtfell,

I don't think the portraits or tokens get imported when you import a character because they are separate image files. For portraits, I know FG names the file based on the characters id-##### tag in the XML of the campaign. So if you import them into another campaign that has the same id-#####, then it will just use that token because the character will be have a reference to it. The same would happen with campaign tokens. Module tokens would likely work if the module was loaded though.

For the skills, I haven't encountered anything like this. I am going to need to get a couple of the characters that are having an issue along with what issues you are seeing with them so I can try to track it down what is happening.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi DodjerArtfell,

I don't think the portraits or tokens get imported when you import a character because they are separate image files. For portraits, I know FG names the file based on the characters id-##### tag in the XML of the campaign. So if you import them into another campaign that has the same id-#####, then it will just use that token because the character will be have a reference to it. The same would happen with campaign tokens. Module tokens would likely work if the module was loaded though.

For the skills, I haven't encountered anything like this. I am going to need to get a couple of the characters that are having an issue along with what issues you are seeing with them so I can try to track it down what is happening.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Well, I was using the Smitework portraits for all characters and using the portrait as their token as well. And when imported, the portraits were present on all character sheet main tab top corner and all the same as the previous campaign, however, the portrait of other characters was in the token square for many. I ended up deleting all of the characters in the new campaign, went back to the original campaign, kept the portraits the same, but added new tokens I had dowloaded. This seemed to work as all characters on the new campaign then had their correct items listed in the combat tab. Now I am in the combat tracker and none of the items are ID'd however. So, I am adding the inventory items back into the combat tab as each character's turn comes up. Also, I noted that hitting a troll for a crit does not change the crit table to the large crit table (i.e. a BP rolled on the puncture table). So, I am also in the process of changing the crit type of the weapon of each character that targets and attacks a troll to large temporarily..

Portraits aren't exported with the characters. They are separate files in the campaign portraits folder. If they are working or not is just the luck of when you are importing them. You usually need to set them up again in the new campaign.

For the large criticals, you don't need to change the critical type on the characters. When you right click the attack table result, you can select the Large and Super Large critical tables on the left side of the radial menu.

I must be bugged then because the portraits did export in the cases as above.

No, you aren't bugged. It has always been that way. Let me try to explain what is happening. When you added a portrait to a character from the FG portrait directory, it copies it to the campaign's portrait directory. It renames the file to match the character's ID number that is in the db.xml file. Here are what the campaign portrait files from one of my campaign's look like:
    Campaign Portraits Files.JPG

If the imported characters happen to get the same ID numbers that matches a file name in the campaign's portrait folder, then the character will have that portrait. If the character gets the same ID that they had before they will have the same portrait. If not it will be the wrong portrait or no portrait depending on if there is already a match in the campaign portraits folder. Hopefully the helps to clear it up.

Dakadin

Aha! Yes now that does make sense! That's a bit above my pay grade but I'm following you! Thanks!

I'm having a blast with this! Not a huge issue, but unless I'm missing something it does appear that the range modifiers for bows are not being added into attack rolls. Also, where do I look to find the Fall/crush table? I had and npc fall off a wall and could not find it.

Thread Information