FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The green circle is the target number that is derived from the roll. So if the target number is 5, then the number in the green circle would need to be higher than that to succeed. Currently the Asset (adds to the green circle number) and Modifier (adds to the roll) boxes for various rolls are not linking into the roll correctly. I will be pulling my additions and only pushing fixes to the rolls. It created a lot of unforeseen issues and would corrupt campaigns. Those additions will be put on hold till a later time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The Edge box on the sheet seems completely broken. I can put in an edge of 4, but it will only ever apply 1 edge. I tried changing the 'tier' of the character, to see if some kind of limiter was placed to prevent edge from ever being more than the tier, but it didn't change anything.

Found this out when I used the 'attack roll' I set to have a stat pool cost of 2, and gave the sheet an edge of 4. I played around with different values ranging from 1-4 for both the cost and the edge value of the stat used, but it seemed to have no impact on the usage of 'edge'.

Edge is normally 'reduce cost of ability use by X' where X is your edge. Hence, since this is kinda core to running it as the pools themselves function as health so reductions in cost are pretty key, this seems real bad. So I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong or using it wrong, but from the names of the fields themselves it seems to be a broken formula or something.
    Last edited by Arunasoul; September 18th, 2022 at 14:25.

Just found out what was going on, in the bottom left there's an effort and edge box that seems to be used for the formula instead of the referenced pool's edge value recorded on the sheet.

I can kinda get why, as there's a lot of pieces to cypher that kinda shift on the fly, but edge is relatively static, so I wasn't expecting a dynamic box for it the way I was effort.

If you make rolls from the character sheet; and the roll is set up on the sheet with a specific attribute; it will use the edge value defined on the character sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you make rolls from the character sheet; and the roll is set up on the sheet with a specific attribute; it will use the edge value defined on the character sheet.

Regards,
    JPG
    I had the roll on the actions portion of the sheet set up as shown in the test attack.

The 'Character Main Page' shows the first page of the sheet.

The dialogue from the roll, which runs when the sword icon button is pressed on the test attack's info uses the edge in the bottom left instead of the edge listed on the main page of the character sheet. This is true for all 3 stats, and regardless of what I set the edge value to above 0. I never tested negative. Am I doing it wrong or is there a different way of making rolls from the character sheet so it works?

If I'm doing it wrong in someway, this part probably doesn't matter, but if it looks right, then here's what I've tried
    1) Referencing the different stats (Might, Speed, Intellect) while they had differing edge values.
    2) Referencing the different stats (Might, Speed, Intellect) while they had the same edge values.
    3) Referencing the different stats (Might, Speed, Intellect) while they had differing edge values and the tier of the character was raised.
    4) Different pool costs for the ability as a method of seeing if maybe the info outputted into the textbox was saying 1 but it was subtracting the correct amount from the cost.

For each of those, it always referenced the value '1' which is the default number in the bottom left in the edge and effort box. If I changed what was in the box, the edge in the chat would change, but rolling with the sword button on the sheet constantly only used the edge listed in the edge and effort box.

Since it's a lesser used ruleset I'm totally open to the concept I made a mistake, I'm just not seeing one at the moment which is why I'm hoping I get an answer with the pictures I'm attaching. Thanks guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can confirm and I would call this a bug.

Edge associated with the stat is not being applied when using attacks, abilities, or skills.
    --
    I'm so bassic

It looks like the Edge field next to the Stats is set up to be the Max Edge applicable to a situation and used to cap the Edge applied by an ability/attack/skill. From the SVN history, it looks like it was added like that by the community developer that did the migration to support Cypher/Strange.

Regards,
    JPG

Is there any reason you can think of for taking a reduced value for edge, instead of always taking the max? (In any of the systems, Cypher/Numenera/Strange ...)

JPG

Maybe it was supposed to be a way to avoid Edge applying twice in a round, if you applied Effort to both a Might attack and a Might damage roll?

JPG

I can probably make the changes pretty quickly for converting Edge to straight roll modifier; but then GMs/players would have to handle the applying same Edge multiple times for same action on their own. (or maybe make number on desktop into a toggle to enable/disable edge instead?)

JPG

Thread Information