DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Like the sound of this. A nice simple UI would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Folks,

I'll be putting a bit of time into this during the week (fixing the bug that Dtom1962 discovered is Number 1).

You can also run this on Mac/Linux, NodeJS works on all OS's, just make sure it's v12.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a simple UI where you choose your options and select the Sector from a list. Plus select if you want MgT2E or T5 outputs.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM you're a machine!
    Really appreciate all the work you're putting in here and would love to get the sector map creator/ importer setup once you've resolved the bug/ added a simple U.I.

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    MBM you're a machine!
    Really appreciate all the work you're putting in here and would love to get the sector map creator/ importer setup once you've resolved the bug/ added a simple U.I.
    Haha, I work on many things, so I swap them out week after week, keeps me interested in all things.

This week I've got 1.1.4 to finish and address High Guard issues found, and then get on with a simple UI for the World/System Creator.

Edit: Oh yes and work on Pirates of Drinax. Plus get progress on the Spacecraft CT extension.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Haha, I work on many things, so I swap them out week after week, keeps me interested in all things.

This week I've got 1.1.4 to finish and address High Guard issues found, and then get on with a simple UI for the World/System Creator.

Edit: Oh yes and work on Pirates of Drinax. Plus get progress on the Spacecraft CT extension.

Cheers,
    MBM
    AWESOME! looking forward to all of that.

Hi Folks,

Pushed to master, a fix for the oddly named sectors.

I've sent the errorto the TravellerMap people as it needs fixing on their side. Any oddly named sectors will simply not have any system data.

I've started on the GUI, but want to get 1.1.4 over the line asap, so focused on that now.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; August 20th, 2020 at 20:15.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the update. The oddly named I’Sred*Ni Heptad Subsector isn't a typo, that's its actual name. Oh those crazy early days of traveller. Hope Traveller Map can sort something out for you. Your doing amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtom1962 View Post
    Thanks for the update. The oddly named I’Sred*Ni Heptad Subsector isn't a typo, that's its actual name. Oh those crazy early days of traveller. Hope Traveller Map can sort something out for you. Your doing amazing work.
    Hi Dtom1962,

It's (to me) just oddly named, who puts an asterisk in a name, anyway that was the error, you can't have an asterisk in the URL you call to fetch the data, so their end threw an exception which returned as an error which I now check for.

Enjoy!

Playing DnD 4E atm, yes, playing a game!

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi Dtom1962,

It's (to me) just oddly named, who puts an asterisk in a name, anyway that was the error, you can't have an asterisk in the URL you call to fetch the data, so their end threw an exception which returned as an error which I now check for.
    Could do a replace * to %2A before doing a URL search for something with an asterisk in it.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Could do a replace * to %2A before doing a URL search for something with an asterisk in it.
    Hi Chap,

URI encoding does nothing with * and I've tried escaping it, but that doesn't help as when the API is hit, it's swapped back...

Cheers,
    MBM

Oddly playing a personal conversion of 4e Scales of War in 5e. Loved 4e. I run a DnD club in the school where I work, and the kids loved 4e. It;s the power cards. Shame the combat was soooooo long. House ruled that bad boy.

Thread Information