DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Sector World Module Creator

Morning Folks,

Got a bit carried away.

Here's a NodeJS script that talks to TravellerMap and builds a /mod based on the data, all modified (as much as possible) to fit in with MGT2.

https://github.com/madbeardman/fgmgt...a/tree/develop

Use the develop branch, and feel free to modify it. It's quite crude and really does need a major refactor, I just tasked myself with getting it to build MOD's as well as the data format I need for the official books etc.

I should have been working on v1.1.3 but hey ho.

If people make use of this, please note that you can't use the data generated to sell modules, it's for personal use and within your game. If you generate modules for free, for people to use here, you'll have to include the far futures license. Your google foo should be able to locate that.

If you think of something else you'd like it to do, then please comment below.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the utility. Bit of a learning curve to use but really excellent results.
    However, and you knew that was coming, there seems to be an issue with The Beyond Sector.
    It gets as far as the I’Sred*Ni Heptad Subsector and then produces an error

(node:5336) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

followed by a bout a page of error message, which I can post if you need it.
    Maybe the * in the sector name is causing an issue.
    Know this isn't a priority and this is more of an FYI
    Last edited by Dtom1962; July 7th, 2020 at 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtom1962 View Post
    Hi,

Firstly thanks for the utility. Bit of a learning curve to use but really excellent results.
    However, and you knew that was coming, there seems to be an issue with The Beyond Sector.
    It gets as far as the I’Sred*Ni Heptad Subsector and then produces an error

(node:5336) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

followed by a bout a page of error message, which I can post if you need it.
    Maybe the * in the sector name is causing an issue.
    Know this isn't a priority and this is more of an FYI
    Hello,

I've been adding a few more things recently, so let me look at this later in the week and I'll fix it.

Thanks for letting me know you're using it!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Any lucky tracking down the problem

Now that is a very interesting program, well done, Now back to the grindstone with you...
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by Dtom1962 View Post
    Any lucky tracking down the problem
    Yep, need to fix it though, that'll be in the week cos built new PC last weekend and this week has been about getting everything back up and running.

Cheers,
    MBM

Good news. I'm working through last weeks releases. Great work man,great work.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Morning Folks,

Got a bit carried away.

Here's a NodeJS script that talks to TravellerMap and builds a /mod based on the data, all modified (as much as possible) to fit in with MGT2.

https://github.com/madbeardman/fgmgt...a/tree/develop

Use the develop branch, and feel free to modify it. It's quite crude and really does need a major refactor, I just tasked myself with getting it to build MOD's as well as the data format I need for the official books etc.

I should have been working on v1.1.3 but hey ho.

If people make use of this, please note that you can't use the data generated to sell modules, it's for personal use and within your game. If you generate modules for free, for people to use here, you'll have to include the far futures license. Your google foo should be able to locate that.

If you think of something else you'd like it to do, then please comment below.

Cheers,
    MBM
    So this is meant to let you import data from travellermaps into FGU?

Yes, it's a great little utility. Needs a bit of set up to get it working.
    You will need
    node.js
    GitHub
    Windows Terminal
    All are free d/ls. Once set up it will generate sector information in .mod form to use in FG and FGU.
    I encountered an issue with one sector, but have imported 5 others. It should work for all of them

Hi Folks,

I'll be putting a bit of time into this during the week (fixing the bug that Dtom1962 discovered is Number 1).

You can also run this on Mac/Linux, NodeJS works on all OS's, just make sure it's v12.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a simple UI where you choose your options and select the Sector from a list. Plus select if you want MgT2E or T5 outputs.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information