DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Unicode Support

Problem arises when you type an accented vocal or another combinations where you need to stroke 2 keys to get a character (for example, camión and vergüenza in Spanish or coração and usuário in Portuguese).

FG Classic accepts those special characters but FG Unity doesn't.
    Last edited by g0ntzal; March 11th, 2021 at 20:43.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    Problem arises when you type an accented vocal or another combinations where you need to stroke 2 keys to get a character (for example, camión and vergüenza in Spanish or coração and usuário in Portuguese).

FG Classic accepts those special characters but FG Unity doesn't.
    Can you walk me through the character combinations? We added ALT-Gr support awhile ago, but this seems like something else.

That seems to work when I used the on-screen keyboard for Portuguese. Does it work for you if you use the on-screen keyboard?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not understanding this issue you are mentioning.

I enabled Portuguese keyboard support on Windows; and brought up the on-screen keyboard to type as if using that keyboard. It appears that the characters are being entered correctly in FGU.

Regards,
    JPG
    I'm using English International (also tried Portuguese) on Mac. Oughta be my OS

On-Screen keyboard is not working for me...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv1ir46eo7...n_fgu.mov?dl=0
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

It must be something specific to the Unity game engine on the Mac; because it seems to work for me on Windows.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

A fast search into Unity forum reveals the problem happened on MacOS and Linux for non ASCII characters. They say the issue was solved in 5.1 but I don’t know if it’s true...
    Nébula Rol

Quote Originally Posted by g0ntzal View Post
    A fast search into Unity forum reveals the problem happened on MacOS and Linux for non ASCII characters. They say the issue was solved in 5.1 but I don’t know if it’s true...
    Is this something I have to update on my end, or it's part of FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by tiagocesar View Post
    Is this something I have to update on my end, or it's part of FGU?
    Não Tiago. Acho que é um problema do Unity mesmo. Vamos ver se já existe uma solução
    Nébula Rol

We are using Unity 2019.4 LTS version, which is way after v5.1. I've added a ticket to take a deeper look and/or report to Unity after we've had a chance to look after vision/lighting update.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information