5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Unicode Support

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla View Post
    I'm trying to add the playing card suit symbols (♠♥♦♣) to Fantasy Ground via paste, and it is not working.

Is there something special I need to do? These are UTF-16 codes as far as I'm aware: U+2660, U+2665, U+2666, U+2663
    The font must include those characters. The default font for FGU, NotoSans, does support those characters and I am able to paste them in the chat window and story entries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The font must include those characters. The default font for FGU, NotoSans, does support those characters and I am able to paste them in the chat window and story entries.
    Sadly, I'm not yet using FGU due to some anomalies observed when I was setting up my current DLWW campaign. FGC doesn't seem to support it.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to change a setting to allow it? Or do I just need to wait until I move to FGU?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla View Post
    Sadly, I'm not yet using FGU due to some anomalies observed when I was setting up my current DLWW campaign. FGC doesn't seem to support it.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to change a setting to allow it? Or do I just need to wait until I move to FGU?
    @tpkurilla, the thread you've found on Unicode support is for FGU, so I thought the question was about that. FGC doesn't support Unicode.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    @tpkurilla, the thread you've found on Unicode support is for FGU, so I thought the question was about that. FGC doesn't support Unicode.
    Ah, I wanted to make sure I didn't duplicate a thread's question, and didn't notice it was just for FGU.

Thank you for the help in any case.

I suppose it may be time for me to evaluate the state of FGU again.

Hi! As a Portuguese-speaking person, I find it essential to be able to use accents(á, ó, etc). Is there a prediction as to when this will be supported?

As Spanish I understand your point perfectly. It is very unpleasant to create our own stuff in an external editor instead of in FGU directly.

English spoken users seem to be the main target so we must wait for a while...

As a customer I’m divided about my feelings towards FGU. I think is a good tool but it has some disgusting lack of features as real multilingual support or full screen mode on MacOS...
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Yeah, I was surprised to learn that, it's an RPG tool, it's kinda obvious it has to have good support for writing. As it is now I also find it a bad experience that I have to use an external editor...

I'm not understanding this issue you are mentioning.

I enabled Portuguese keyboard support on Windows; and brought up the on-screen keyboard to type as if using that keyboard. It appears that the characters are being entered correctly in FGU.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

FGU supports accented characters.

As long as the character is in the ISO-8859-1 set, it can be displayed.

It will depend on how your OS handles the characters.

For instance, on US-EN Windows 10, it sometimes requires the use of the Character Map to copy these characters from there to FGU (or from some other app). This is because the English keyboard does not have these characters, they are created by holding ALT+####, for instance ALT+0250 is ú.

I think the Unity Engine is trapping the ALT key (since it is used for the Hotbar as well), so it cannot be used directly in the FGU interface, but copying into a story entry (or other entry) works just fine.

See here, this is from CoreRPG, so should be the same in any layered ruleset.:

Characters outside of ISO-8859-1 can be displayed on FGU, as long as the fonts contain glyphs for those characters. The default font in CoreRPG uses Noto Sans, which does provide glyphs for every standard character.

I have not tested Alt key entry override; but I would not be surprised if Unity game engine does not support that use case.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information