STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Thread: Unicode Support

Unicode Support

Hello! I'm trying to do 2 things.

#1 I can't order my character sheet fields without it defaulting to alphabetical
    -- I know I can do certain things to help this out (change the first character)

#2 I was thinking I could use Unicode (specificallyl emojis) to help out on this but it doesnt seem to be supported. This is also a bit of an issue as we are playing a modern game set in an international campaign. So without taking a picture of the text, I can't display it in chat.

Will their be unicode support? And will there be a method to manually move character sheet fields?

Thank you!

There is already UTF-8 support mostly built-in to the system. However, we don't have any plans to support emojis right now.

What characters are you trying to type? Or copy and paste? Can you provide an example?

Regards,
    JPG

Things like Korean (한글 this is the only one I have installed right now), Chinese characters, and Japanese as well. I am mostly just pasting but I tried typing Korean and it didn't work either.

I can't type marked accents directly on FGU but I can paste them with no problems... You can see two lines in the attached screenshot. First one is the result I get typing directly. Second is the result I get if I paste the words from the clipboard.

FGU: Latest version

Country code: ES
    Keyboard: com.apple.keylayout.Spanish-ISO
    Language code: es
    Region settings: es_ES

marked_accents_issue.png
    Last edited by g0ntzal; June 11th, 2020 at 10:13.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

@myogaman,
    I'll have to check with our Carl who built our font system whether Asian characters are supported; and whether the fonts we have support them. It may be either or both.

@g0ntzal,
    There's a separate issue where the input string of typed characters provided by Unity does not support certain characters correctly that we are tracking; some of the European character typing issues are most likely related to that.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @myogaman,
    I'll have to check with our Carl who built our font system whether Asian characters are supported; and whether the fonts we have support them. It may be either or both.

@g0ntzal,
    There's a separate issue where the input string of typed characters provided by Unity does not support certain characters correctly that we are tracking; some of the European character typing issues are most likely related to that.

Regards,
    JPG
    CJK characters are UTF-32 and FGU does not support UTF-32 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    This is bad news for creating content as GM
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    John asked me a follow-up about this, so I will clarify. My previous answer was overly simplistic. Our font engine can render any UTF-16 character present in a font. Our default fonts do not include CJK characters. Currently, our text input system only supports Extended ASCII for typing characters. Pasting via the clipboard does not have this limitation.

Blog Entries
    Enhancement requests can always be added to (or voted on) the Wish List
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm trying to add the playing card suit symbols (♠♥♦♣) to Fantasy Ground via paste, and it is not working.

Is there something special I need to do? These are UTF-16 codes as far as I'm aware: U+2660, U+2665, U+2666, U+2663

Thread Information