STAR TREK 2d20

[Conan 2d20] Geomorphic tiles and their content for the price?

I have seen the newsletter about the release of the geomorphic tiles for Conan 2d20 last night, but the excitement was very quickly wiped out by the price tag. Roll20 offers them for $9.99 each and there is bundle of four for $29.99. Modiphius and DTRPG offers them for same price as PDF, which is OK because in all cases I can download the tiles, print, edit, re-use and etc, while in FG they are probably vaulted.

What "else" the modules for FG add on top to justify this?
    - Are they prepared with effects layers and other goodies to get advantage of the unity?
    - Are the maps the same very-high resolution as the Roll20 files? (looks like scaled down from the store screenshots)
    - Is there LoS for Unity?

PS: For the record - I own the bundle from Roll20. I want to support SW/FGU further and don't want to spend time preparing those maps for FGU. I.e. money is not the issue here.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I own the PDfs , the Roll20 version, and the new FG version.

The FG version removed the Monolith board game area markers that are on the PDFs and the Roll20 versions.

The FG version scaled the tiles down. The sets are about 1/4 the size.

Some tiles were combined to make just 1 image. (The arena - which is normally 2 tiles is in the FG version one image.)

You can't combine the tiles to make specific maps and the tiles are locked so you can't extract the images.

The FG version didn't bother to combine certain tiles that ought to have been. (So for example the ship tiles for example only will pull up one part of the ship that is in that tie and since you can't combine tiles you end up having to open up 4 maps to et the entire ship and the ship is bi. Much easier to just get the images from the PDF or from the roll20 assets. Combine them in an image editor and then scale down for FG if you want to run a battle on the ship. I did some screen shots that I can post that show the difference between the FG version and using a scled roll20 version in FG I can post so you can see what I'm talking about if you want some more info.)

I personally would recommend skipping the FG version and getting the roll20 version since those are jpegs and you can use them in FG and combine them to make unique maps.

P.S. Do you still have the Realm Works Conan structure file the link you had to it on the Mpdiphius forums doesn't work anymore. Was going to send you a PM and ask this as I also had some questions about how you did the Forbidden Lands reference manual you did and on how you set it up Forbidden Lands in Realm Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    The FG version removed the Monolith board game area markers that are on the PDFs and the Roll20 versions.
    I use those markings to identify Conan 2d20 abstract zones. At least that's what I used them for - and they worked really well for that (IMO). Just as well I have the JPGs (with the zones on them) - I'll use those.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Jay_NOLA, thank you for the detailed information! Seems the modules are inferior in any way compared to the competition and I keep wondering what is going on with those Conan conversion, I had such high hopes on this, but I have to keep using my community modules.

And yes, I am using Realm Works more than before, so drop me message with your questions
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information