STAR TREK 2d20

Giving your players control over an NPC (for example for druid's wild shape)

Hey everyone, i've tried to do this in one of my games, but to no avail.
    I am using FGU 4.0.0 (the latest build basically)
    This is what I did:

1. Drag NPC (Wolf) from NPC window to CT.
    2. Set the faction of the wolf to friendly in the CT
    3. Take the shield of the wolf (the link basically) from the CT and dragged it into a character portrait at the top left hand corner of the screen. This effectively showed the player the statblock of the wolf.

However, after these steps, the player can only click the wolf for its info, but not move it around or select targets.
    I also tried the same with a custom version of the wolf, but this does not work either.

What did I miss?

Thanks!

Edit: I looked in the forums and the above described method is what pops up everywhere... was that only for FGC?

Exact same Problem here.

And i thought i make s/thing wrong.
    DnD 5e - Dungeon Crawl Classic - Savage World - DSA

For this to work you will need to turn on party vision, unfortunately all players will share LOS.

for wild shape I recommend druid wild shapes ext.. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hapes-(for-5E)

Quote Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
    For this to work you will need to turn on party vision, unfortunately all players will share LOS.

for wild shape I recommend druid wild shapes ext.. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hapes-(for-5E)
    Thank you for the answer. Could you explain a bit how to turn on party vision?

sure,
    Options/Token(GM)/Party vision and movement

for a single token, right click/Visibility/Include in Party vision

Quote Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
    sure,
    Options/Token(GM)/Party vision and movement

for a single token, right click/Visibility/Include in Party vision
    Great! Thank you very much, this works!
    I don't mind forfeiting individual party members being able to see each others LOS in lieu of being able to hand npcs over to them (followers, summons, etc.)
    I will check out the wild shape extension anyway.

Hopefully they will eventually make it so that LOS is only shared with the member that the NPC is shared with, then we can have the best of both worlds.

The wild shape ext was a game changer for the druid in my group.

Thak you, aldfdsa, youre solution does the trick. Now enable globally Group sight ,deselect Group sight for the Tokens that dont have it and - The Happy Druid now enjoys his Happy Companion Owl. Bevore he wildshapes into a falcon and eats the Owll
    DnD 5e - Dungeon Crawl Classic - Savage World - DSA

Thread Information