Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Simply, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by paladinlee View Post
    Simply, THANK YOU!
    You're welcome

Thank you for this! Just what I needed and just when I needed it

Absorbing inhalation seems to have a typo in the effect
    "Abs. nhalation"

Also, thanks so much for including the races in the titles when the spells are race-specific. So many people miss that!

Fox's Cunning, Bear's Endurance (some of these spells) are missing the bonus type "enhancement"

Gravity Box (EDIT: bow) formatting is strange

Mending has no description
    Last edited by bmos; August 23rd, 2020 at 17:26.

Thanks bmos. Those have all been fixed in my working local version.

They will be included with the next release.

Turns out the Gravity Bow had not been correctly translated from the native half-goblin it was originally written in

hehe
    Couple more: Protection from Energy and Protection from Energy, Communal have the effects for resist energy.
    Saw 1 or 2 more in game but I forget which. Will report if I come across them again.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    hehe
    Couple more: Protection from Energy and Protection from Energy, Communal have the effects for resist energy.
    Saw 1 or 2 more in game but I forget which. Will report if I come across them again.
    Thanks bmos. Those have been fixed.

I changed the wording to be more clear -- the effect now correctly indicates the spell (Protection from Energy, or Protection from Energy, Communal)

I did not, however, change the effect itself.
    The spell is absorbing the energy not resisting it, but we don't have an absorb affect in FG.
    So, IMO, the best way to handle that is to set a RESIST which will at least stop the character from taking the damage.
    It does mean the caster has to adjust the remaining RESIST after damage is absorbed by the spell, but I can't think of a better way to handle that. And to be fair, the caster has to track the remaining absorb amount on the spell anyway so this is as good a place as any to do that.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you, or anyone else, has a better option for handling this?

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Thanks bmos. Those have been fixed.

I changed the wording to be more clear -- the effect now correctly indicates the spell (Protection from Energy, or Protection from Energy, Communal)

I did not, however, change the effect itself.
    The spell is absorbing the energy not resisting it, but we don't have an absorb affect in FG.
    So, IMO, the best way to handle that is to set a RESIST which will at least stop the character from taking the damage.
    It does mean the caster has to adjust the remaining RESIST after damage is absorbed by the spell, but I can't think of a better way to handle that. And to be fair, the caster has to track the remaining absorb amount on the spell anyway so this is as good a place as any to do that.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you, or anyone else, has a better option for handling this?
    Oh, interesting! I actually like your workaround quite a bit now that I understand it and will be taking that approach in my game.

I remembered what I had noticed, also: None of the spells seem to link to the other spells they reference (such as how Invisibility Greater works like invisibility). This means you need to search for them to view all the relevant rules.
    I'm not sure what the xml structure is to populate the 'linked spells' section, but I know such a feature exists.
    Last edited by bmos; August 23rd, 2020 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Oh, interesting! I actually like your workaround quite a bit now that I understand it and will be taking that approach in my game.

I remembered what I had noticed, also: None of the spells seem to link to the other spells they reference (such as how Invisibility Greater works like invisibility). This means you need to search for them to view all the relevant rules.
    I'm not sure what the xml structure is to populate the 'linked spells' section, but I know such a feature exists.
    As I'm finding these spells I'm either merging the two descriptions or adding the 'linked' spell description into the spell (see Contagion, Greater as an example). But your idea is much better. I don't need to copy the description I can just link to the other spell.

As I'm making updates I'll go back and change those ... and add links for the other spells that having been linked yet. Thanks for making more work for me

Version 4.1 has been uploaded.

The following items are in this version.

Mythic spell information has been added.
    The information for the Mythic version of the spell has been added to the spell description.
    Note that no actions have been added to these spells for the Mythic versions only the description.
    At some point in the future I will look at splitting out the Mythic versions of the spells into there own spells so that Mythic actions can be added. But that's not going to be in the near future.
    Spells with Mythic options are designated with a [Y] in the Spell Name.
    A new Spell List has been added to the library for the Mythic spells.

Thank you mozmonar for getting the formatted. Mythic information to me.

Related Spells Linked
    for spells that reference another spell I have either updated the spell description to include all the neccesary information or added a link back to the original spell.
    This has been done for all 'Greater', 'Mass' and 'Communal' spells.
    If you see any other spells that need references to other spells please let me know.

Thank you bmos for pointing these out.

Fixed Spells
    The following spells have been fixed -
    • Protection from Energy & Protection from Energy, Communal
    • Absorbing Inhalation
    • Fox's Cunning & Bear's Endurance -- & All similar spells that give ability enhancements.
    • Gravity Bow
    • Mending
    • Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds
    • All Cure, Inflict, Mass heal spells have been fixed to have correct types on them.

Thank you to mozmonar and bmos for identifying them.

Please let me know if I missed anything. Or if you find anything else that needs fixing.

Thread Information