FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 20 of 28 First ... 101819202122 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Quote Originally Posted by Strongrunner View Post
    Sorry I took so long to reply - I got a lot going on here and that take priority.. As for the Mod - No nothing works - I can't find a way of going back on the changes (I think because I am not running the adventure).. It don't matter that much as long as the spell works for me and does what it is supposed to - I guess I can live with it...

Other than the problem with form of the dragon III the mod helps me a great deal in working out the spells for my wizard (as the Character is very very complicated not having to worry as much about the spells is a big weight off my mind)
    Your not the DM? Have you asked him to update your sheet?

Shouldn't matter if they're the GM or player. As long as the spellbook is marked as accessible for player-load, players can add/remove spells themselves if they have it loaded.
    But it is the GM who needs to revert changes, not the player.

spotted typo:

gate spell
    REMOVELGate

prob should be:
    REMOVE:Gate
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Good news!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...s_ruleset.html

3.5E effects now have 1/3 and 1/4 operators (T and Q) instead of just H. I think this will be helpful for automating more spells/automating them better.

Examples (I think, but I'm not sure if the lack of a "minimum 1" constraint is an issue):
    magicsiegeenginegreater
    MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG: [QCL] enhancement
    MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK:1 enhancement;DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK: [QCL] enhancement;DMG: [QCL] enhancement

danceofahundredcuts
    Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: 3 morale melee;DMG:3 morale melee;AC:3 morale;SKILL:3 morale acrobatics -> Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: [TCL] morale melee;DMG: [TCL] morale melee;AC: [TCL] morale;SKILL: [TCL] morale acrobatics
    Last edited by bmos; March 10th, 2021 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

spotted typo:

gate spell
    REMOVELGate

prob should be:
    REMOVE:Gate
    Thank you tahl. This has been fixed in my local development version.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Good news!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...s_ruleset.html

3.5E effects now have 1/3 and 1/4 operators (T and Q) instead of just H. I think this will be helpful for automating more spells/automating them better.

Examples (I think, but I'm not sure if the lack of a "minimum 1" constraint is an issue):
    magicsiegeenginegreater
    MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (indirect, damage);DMG: [QCL] enhancement
    MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK:1 enhancement;DMG:1 enhancement -> MSEngine, Greater (direct);ATK: [QCL] enhancement;DMG: [QCL] enhancement

danceofahundredcuts
    Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: 3 morale melee;DMG:3 morale melee;AC:3 morale;SKILL:3 morale acrobatics -> Dance 100 Cuts;ATK: [TCL] morale melee;DMG: [TCL] morale melee;AC: [TCL] morale;SKILL: [TCL] morale acrobatics
    Thank you bmos. I will get started on changing these. I have some I had already spotted (in preparation for the version that works with Kel's extension) but I'm sure there are others I have missed. I hope to have a new version out sometime this week, with these changes as well as other changes I have been working on.

Version 6 has been uploaded.

To see the spell changes on the character sheet you must re-attach the spell to the character sheet.

The following changes were made in this version.

Gate - Fixed a typo in the REMOVE effect - thank you tahl

Resist Energy Communal - Fixed typo on some of the effects.

Removed 'harmless' and 'object' saves
    In an effort to clean up the clutter, and some possible confusion, with the Spellbook I have removed the save and melee touch actions from any spells where the save is considered harmless or affects an object.

I found in many groups that a caster was pressing the Cast action button and having the party save versus a beneficial (harmless) spell. Spells like 'Bless' and 'Haste'. At a minimum this was causing confusion as players were trying to figure out why a save was being made. More annoying was that this was causing PCs who saved to be un-selected so that the beneficial spell was then not cast on them.

For objects, most of the time there is no real save to be made. And even if there is, there is no object of the Combat Tracker to make the save against.

Now their will still be times when someone does want to save against a beneficial spell, but on those rare occasions a manual save can still be made. Same thing when a object actually does need to make a save.

1/3 and 1/4 Effects
    1/3 and 1/4 Effects have been added to the Pathfinder ruleset. Way to go bmos. I have gone through the Spellbook and added these effects for all spells I could find that would benefit from them.

Below is a list of the spells I modified. If you see any others that could use these new effects please let me know.
    • Barkskin
    • Bestow Insight
    • Dance of a Hundred Cuts
    • Dance of a Thousand Cuts
    • Dazzling Blade, Mass
    • Defile Armor
    • Divine Favor
    • Divine Power
    • Magic Fang, Greater
    • Magic Siege Engine, Greater
    • Magic Vestment
    • Magic Weapon, Greater
    • Sanctify Armor
    • Seducer's Eyes
    • Unerring Weapon
    • Unhallowed Blows, Greater
    • Vestment of the Champion
    • Wrathful Mantle
    Last edited by dllewell; March 16th, 2021 at 18:52.

This is so great. Thank you a lot

Reporting missing spell: Frost Fingers from Ultimate Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by StormNobleheart View Post
    Reporting missing spell: Frost Fingers from Ultimate Magic.
    Frost Fingers is from the optional Words of Power subsystem. No spells from that subsystem have been added to the spellbook.

I didn't even know this subsystem existed until you mentioned this.

There is no plan to add any of the Words of Power spells to the spellbook.
    Last edited by dllewell; March 16th, 2021 at 18:15.

Thread Information