FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Complete Wizard's Handbook Feedback

Apologies if a thread already existed... I did a few searches but didn't see one and got sick of the 60 second timeout between searches, so here we go:

The first level Arcane spell "Chromatic Orb" has a lot of problems. It would probably be safest to just study it yourself and fix what you see but here are a few problems with it:

- It has an initiative of 99 on the cast, but should have an initiative of 1.
    - The Turquoise and Green orbs are missing their damage values.
    - The red orb should give STR:-1;DEX-1 unless it's hitting someone that doesn't have those, and then it should give ATK:-1;AC:-1. However, those are all coded into the same effect, which I imagine PCs are getting double-dipped.
    - "Magnetism" on Turquoise is typoed
    - The half-duration when you save against the Blue orb should be half of 2d8+4, but is shown as 1d4+2. I imagine that should be either 1d8+2 or 2d4+2.
    - The table in the text "main" tab says Violet is the 8th level effect and Black is the 9th level effect. That should actually be at levels 10 and 12, not 8 and 9.
    - The Blindness effect from the Yellow orb should last 1 round/level, but is coded as 1 round.

Good Day Sterno
    While I have nothing to do with fixing the books, I can suggest you do searches using the Site Search at the top of the page to bypass the delay. Plus I hear it does a much better job with search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Apologies if a thread already existed... I did a few searches but didn't see one and got sick of the 60 second timeout between searches, so here we go:

The first level Arcane spell "Chromatic Orb" has a lot of problems. It would probably be safest to just study it yourself and fix what you see but here are a few problems with it:

- It has an initiative of 99 on the cast, but should have an initiative of 1.
    - The Turquoise and Green orbs are missing their damage values.
    - The red orb should give STR:-1;DEX-1 unless it's hitting someone that doesn't have those, and then it should give ATK:-1;AC:-1. However, those are all coded into the same effect, which I imagine PCs are getting double-dipped.
    - "Magnetism" on Turquoise is typoed
    - The half-duration when you save against the Blue orb should be half of 2d8+4, but is shown as 1d4+2. I imagine that should be either 1d8+2 or 2d4+2.
    - The table in the text "main" tab says Violet is the 8th level effect and Black is the 9th level effect. That should actually be at levels 10 and 12, not 8 and 9.
    - The Blindness effect from the Yellow orb should last 1 round/level, but is coded as 1 round.
    As with the other one these things were corrected but wont show up till next week.

The level difference is strange... The Core Rules CD html I have has it at 8/9, very odd. The PDF I have does show 10/12.

Re: the red orb, you'll need to adjust it depending on what the spell is targeting. I added both because there is no automation for such a thing. STR: -1 is far more potent than -1 to hit in some cases. Particularly when it reduces someone from 18/X to 17.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

In the mage class in the Wizards Handbook under the section Proficiencies the Allowed Armor is:

Allowed Armor: N one

Should be

Allowed Armor: None

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    In the mage class in the Wizards Handbook under the section Proficiencies the Allowed Armor is:

Allowed Armor: N one

Should be

Allowed Armor: None
    Where is this? I can't seem to find it.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That is strange because looks right for you but not for me.

unknown.png

There are two mage classes listed when I have the Complete Wizard Handbook loaded. It is specifically the Complete Wizard version as opposed to the PHB version. The PHB version is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    That is strange because looks right for you but not for me.

unknown.png

There are two mage classes listed when I have the Complete Wizard Handbook loaded. It is specifically the Complete Wizard version as opposed to the PHB version. The PHB version is correct.
    This is what I see loading the module in another campaign (the first was the source campaign I built the module from).

---

I create a new campaign and still have the same problem. I dunno, not really that big a deal to me, just saw it and figured I'd say something.
    unknown.png

I was on 100 but tried adjusting up and down to no avail. It is definitely extra bold and an extra space, that was super clear at 125 ui.

Since it isn't showing up for you I figure it will correct itself down the road.

Thread Information