Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Using maps as ...tiles?

Hey all. So I have purchased a few great map packs and many have small maps that would be great together As a larger composite map if I could stitch them together copy/paste a few duplicate pieces, etc. I tried to find a way to do this in FGU but couldn’t figure it out. Is there a way to use maps from a module as ...well basically as tiles? Or another way to stitch multiple maps together other than simply linking maps (which I find difficult if O am using many many maps to portray a very large area)?

Any image in FGU can be used as a tile. See the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+with+Tiles

If your images aren't available as Assets, see the other entries in the Wiki regarding importing images.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I think the trouble I'm having is that the images/maps I want to use where downloaded as a map module from the FG store. So it's only in my files as a module. they all load fine in maps/images menu but I can't find them in assets and when I clicked on the module folder to import as an asset it errored. Is there a way for me to extract the images from the module to then import them as assets? Or is there another way to go about this i'm totally missing? It seems like there should be as they are just images and should be easy to translate.

They should be in assets. Use the search bar in assets to find the file name. Or make sure you have checked all pages of the assets -> images list, not all of the modules are shown in a single page.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just checked, even checked 'all' under assets and searched and didn't find it. It's really strange. Updated and tried again... still not there. Screenshot 2020-06-08 09.07.22.pngScreenshot 2020-06-08 09.07.34.png . I tried searching for various words... not there. =P

Blog Entries
    What module are you trying to find maps from? That way someone with that module can check and either replicate your issue, or give you a step by step solution.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That module will not currently show the maps in assets; and will only be available as the individual records built into the module.

It will need to be converted into the correct structure for FGU to be able to identify the graphics as ones that can be used in map building; but that's a longer term project for our DLC catalog.

Regards,
    JPG

Okay so nothing I can do then? Just wait for it to be updated?

Technically, it's up to the DLC developers to update their content to work as asset packs for FGU; since we don't have the bandwidth to update 1700 DLC. So, we've asked the developer...

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information