FG Spreadshirt Swag

Player Control of NPC

Hello,

I am trying to give a player control of an NPC (Summoned monster).
    I looked up the guides on the forum and followed the instructions there, however I wasn't able to get it working properly.
    The player could click on the NPC token on the battlemap and make attacks, skills, spells etc but was unable to move the token on the map or target enemies.

After some digging around I found that if I enable the option: "party vision and movement" the player is able to do all of the above, but is also able to move other players in the group.
    Generally it seems that if this option is off then the player isn't able to "click" and select other friendly characters on the map. When this option is on he is able to do so.

Does anyone know if there is a way for a player to control only the npc and not the entire party? In the instructions for this on the forum there was no mention of this option and this option was off by default.

I'm using Fantasy Grounds Unity if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your time.

It does make a difference. The instructions you were following were for Classic which does not have the Party Vision option. So, yes if you want a player to control another character you'll need to switch that option on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

While this does work it has the side-effect of allowing all players to control all other players.
    Is there an option in the Unity Version that allows the player to control the selected npc only?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju View Post
    While this does work it has the side-effect of allowing all players to control all other players.
    Is there an option in the Unity Version that allows the player to control the selected npc only?
    No, there isn't, just tell your players to stop moving other tokens (when this does not happen by accident)

The irony of all of this is that players being able to move other player tokens is a side effect of adding the ability of players being able to control sidekicks, henchmen and other NPCs in Classic. So whilst it has little impact in Classic it has a big impact in Unity because of the LoS.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For all the permanent NPCs with party I made a character sheet, because some players wished to tun them. Also easier tp level and assign loot.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Well, this finally answered the question as to why I couldn't get it working. It's a shame, though, because I really want to restrict players from moving others' tokens .

Quote Originally Posted by Urieal View Post
    Well, this finally answered the question as to why I couldn't get it working. It's a shame, though, because I really want to restrict players from moving others' tokens .
    just dock random xp from ALL players if somebody moves something they're not entiled to.
    They will stop :P

Thread Information