DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Even if you don't like top down building you can have a world map builder build one for you and you just slice out the part(s) you think look interesting. Donjon has a pretty nice one:

https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/

Thanks, Griogre, but the point of the style of game I would like to run is to not have any pre-made map pieces, except for the starting area (which I don't mind creating). The challenge is updating the map image in FG without losing all the pins on the map.

Maybe you could do both? You could have a large, zoomed-out "world map" with a handful of pins that link to smaller, more detailed, zoomed-in map chunks (continents, countries, regions, etc) with all of your city/location-based pins. You could replace/update the world map as needed, and just have to replace a few pins, but the more detailed map chunks would be unaffected.

IE, if your campaign started in California, you would just have a California map with pins to various cities. (No need yet for a world map.) But once the players found the next major area, Arizona, now you could make a world map showing California and Arizona, each with a single pin link that takes you to the more detailed California/Arizona map for those areas. And as they explore Arizona, you add city links on the Arizona map.
    Last edited by Rades; June 10th, 2020 at 05:17.

Blog Entries
    I think the OP's point is that he doesn't want to create a large world/regional map. He only wants to create the bare minimum he needs at the moment. i.e. create the starting location, then grow it as needed. It's not defined, and won't be until it's needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, Rades. As LordEntrails clarified, the "way of working" will be different.
    I am now looking at Kanka.io to manage the campaign data.

I don't know if you are familiar with OneNote but that's what I use myself - it is generic, but free and I use it for other things so I was already familiar with it.

Here's a part 1 of a 4 part series on YouTube if you are interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqhePj9ratI

Thanks, Griogre. My game will heavily focus on the map, so I am l looking for a tool to manage pins, markers, linked entries on a constantly updated map image. FG is good except the last requirement about changing the image.

Thread Information