Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PFRPG2 has no extensions

Hello,

I have extensions in the correct folder because, when creating a new campaign in Fantasy Grounds Unity, extensions show as available for every game system, except for Pathfinder 2e and I looked in the folder and the files are there. I only just noticed this difference, because I don't play any other game system. Are there any plans to get existing extensions to work with Pathfinder 2e?

You may wish to name which specific extension(s) you're trying to use so that people can try to replicate your issue.

Welcome to the FG forums!

If extensions are made for a specific ruleset then, yes, you won't be able to activate them for PFRPG2.

Most extensions are made by community members (and a lot of D&D 5e ones are for sales on DMsGuild). Most community developers will have created non-generic extensions for the ruleset they play and may not be interested in converting them, and maintaining them (very important), for a system they don't play.

Generic extensions should also be able to be loaded.

If you know an extension is generic, and you have it installed in the Unity extensions directory, but you can't see it in the Extensions list for a PFRPG2 campaign, then please provide the names of the extensions you can't see.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have not purchased any or went out and looked for any online. The extension I have are in the correct place

*\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

The current extensions in that folder are

Theme_Dungeon.ext
    Theme_Simple_Brown.ext
    Theme_Simple_Grey.ext
    Theme_Wood.ext

When I load Fantasy Grounds Unity and select create campaign all game systems, including Pathfinder 1e, have those themes as options when I select them in the list. But, when I select Pathfinder 2e as my Game, not extensions are available, the box is blank white. Not even the default themes work.

I took a quick look at the extensions, and it appears to me that the issue is that they are not marked as compatible with PFRPG2 inside of the XML.

I see PFRPG, but not PFRPG2 (I am not sure if there is a difference there).

This appears to be an issue with the extensions themselves, I checked it in FGC as well, and the XML is the same.

I am not sure who would need to be contacted to resolve this though (it's not specific to FGU), perhaps support@?

Ah, that is interesting. I just checked on mine, and I see the similar issue. I have a number of the 5ed themes, one 2ed theme, and those four default themes. Every ruleset shows me most (if not all) of the 5ed themes, 2ed also shows the one 2ed theme, and all but PFRPG2 show me those four default themes. PFRPG2 only shows the 5ed themes.

Okay, thank you Sulimo and everyone else who had commented. I'll look into contacting Support and see what they say.

Imagix, in ine it shows nothing for PFRPG2

If you don't have other themes installed, it would show up as empty (given what Sulimo has diagnosed). I've bought a few 5ed books which come with their own themes, and they don't seem to be restricted to 5ed only, so they show up in PFRPG2. (My one 2ed book also has a theme, but that one does appear to be marked as 2ed only, so it only shows up there)

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Thread Information