Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players cannot see my Host

i have read through the troubleshooting tips, but my players cannot see my host. I also setup a second LAN computer to try it. I turned off my local firewall, nothing works. My host is up and running but my clients on both the LAN & Cloud sit at attempting to connect. I added port forwarding to my router as well. Bot client and host on the same version of FGU. I am stumped and not sure what else to try.

Edit: I was able to connect locally, but the Cloud never displays my session. I am using a D-Link dir-867, if there are any specifics with that router.

I could really use some help. I am on Windows 1909 if that matters.
    Last edited by DnDExplorers; June 4th, 2020 at 16:04.

Check if you have any advanced Internet security like this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Check this thread to see if it might apply; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

If not, then work through the 8 questions of this thread. Note that FGU uses UDP and not TCP. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

i have a VPN to work from home, it installed but not enabled the Ethernet ports are also unplugged for those VPN connections. Can a VPN cause issues if it is not running but installed?

Blog Entries
    Yes, try disabling it. If that works then you can go into your registry and re-order them so it's after your ethernet/wireless adapaters.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for all the help this ended up being the solution the link below, i had to use an VPN i had about 7 hops to Google and the troubleshooting guide basically said no dice with that many to my router, in this article (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained) what a pain, to be able to play and have fun.

I think this is something that FGU should look into providing this type of service. That is a lot of hoops to jump through to determine that was the issue and resolve this issue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives

I chose ZeroTier bc it was free
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-Grounds-Game
    Last edited by DnDExplorers; June 4th, 2020 at 20:17.

You're running Unity, right?

Unity should allow you to not have to use a VPN - using the Cloud option. Unless I'm misunderstanding your setup and what exactly you're trying to do...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am running Unity, and i cannot cloud connect, no clients see my host connection information. So the above is the only workaround I found.

Quote Originally Posted by DnDExplorers View Post
    I am running Unity, and i cannot cloud connect, no clients see my host connection information. So the above is the only workaround I found.
    I think we should try and identify what the issue is.

If you start up a Public Cloud campaign, and leave it running for a few minutes.

Then type /console in the chat window and press return. This will open the console in the top left corner. Click the "Copy this log" and paste into a text editor and save the file. Then click on and paste into a new text file and save that. Then attach the two text files here so we can review and hopefully get some hints as to what your issue is.

Log Files

Here are the log files
    NetworkLog.txtThisLog.txt

Thread Information