5E Character Create Playlist

Show PC's the Target NPC's AC

Hi All,

I am running a custom house rule where if the attack exceeds the target AC by 5 or more then 'X' effect happens. I have managed to code the effects, I used an extension to add custom effects to weapons and armour. But for the life of me I cannot see a way for the players (or myself) to see the target AC in the chat window after an attack roll is made.

Ideally I would want the players to see the monster (NPC) target AC so they can prompt to use their special weapon effect. If needed I'll also take the ability for me to see the target AC in the chat window. But as far as I can tell I can only see this in the combat tracker.

Am I missing something or is this a thing I will need to outside of the FG system? I can always tell my players the target AC but then either them, or myself, has to keep all monster AC's in their head and I feel thats a bit clunky.

I want to know if there is a way I can make it look like the below

Attack[23] -> [at RANDOM NPC] [HIT: AC 15]

Thanks

Hi Jay,
    That looks to me like you're going to need to code an extension to do that.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve,

How hard is it to learn to code extensions? I am familiar with SQL but that's about the limit of my coding/scripting experience......

Blog Entries
    Can't tell you how hard it is because it depends upon you and want you want to do. I would start here; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing+Extensions

And then look at some current extensions by others that do similar things, like the Improved Criticals Extension. It interacts both with the chat and the damage rolls so might get you close.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you LordEntrails,

I suspect this is slightly out of reach for me. I can do some very basic SQL stuff but thats about it and I'm self taught so it's probably half-arsed anyway
    I was wondering if I should learn Python or XML though.

I will try and come up with another solution in the interim

Thanks

Where you able to find a way i need that too. exceeds attack roll by 5 max damage exceeds by 10 critical.

Unfortunately not
    The effort/reward wasn't worth it given I can't code.
    I just altered the mechanic to only work on crits which was doable with the Advanced Effects extension and the existing FG effect stuff

I have an extension that does something like that for skill checks in 4E:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ailure-Margins

You're welcome to use that as a base for your idea.

Thread Information