5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytn Hays View Post
    Does this work with Fantasy Grounds Unity version?

Yes I’m running Unity on AWS currently.

My cost with the G4 EC2 is around $40-50 a month.

Followed the guide. I'm missing the part where you open the port to allow FG to communicate. Within the instance? Using AWS management tools?

Edit: Found it.
    https://kerneltalks.com/virtualizati...-linux-server/
    Last edited by cas206; November 2nd, 2020 at 19:55.

Now we need the option to allow GMs to connect to FG servers from their own client. I just ran a session from vacation where the whole village has a rather weak internet line. Bandwidth and connection quality was good enough for Discord. But also having to remote connect to my home PC for controlling the FG server was a bit too much.

A GM client connection would allow to only transfer game data instead of having to transfer the whole remote image stream over bad lines (RDP, Teamviewer, Splashtop, Jump Desktop).

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Followed the guide. I'm missing the part where you open the port to allow FG to communicate. Within the instance? Using AWS management tools?

Edit: Found it.
    https://kerneltalks.com/virtualizati...-linux-server/
    Excellent add. Thank you.

I am having problems running FGU on AWS, I am running a m5.4xlarge with the Elastic Graphics enabled (it was not enabled by default on this instance). Performance is really not great. How is the performance on your G4 EC2?

What kind of performance is not great? I just rolled FGU onto my instance and didn't notice anything, but it wasn't a full on game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgewalk View Post
    I am having problems running FGU on AWS, I am running a m5.4xlarge with the Elastic Graphics enabled (it was not enabled by default on this instance). Performance is really not great. How is the performance on your G4 EC2?
    What kind of issues are you running into? Also how much is your cost for your AWS service level?

This is all new to me but I got our GM to switch to Fantasy Grounds Unity months back (from Roll20, which was easy to pick up but was generally a garbage fire the more you delved into it) and the issue we're running into is the GM has a poor upload connection. We play once a week for about 3 hours with 5 players + 1 GM, not sure how much cost we'd be looking at, but putting the game on a server would definitely solve our issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Now we need the option to allow GMs to connect to FG servers from their own client. I just ran a session from vacation where the whole village has a rather weak internet line. Bandwidth and connection quality was good enough for Discord. But also having to remote connect to my home PC for controlling the FG server was a bit too much.

A GM client connection would allow to only transfer game data instead of having to transfer the whole remote image stream over bad lines (RDP, Teamviewer, Splashtop, Jump Desktop).
    This feature is needed very much.
    Last edited by BeAuMaN; March 24th, 2021 at 06:31.

Vote over on the Idea Informer .... :

https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135371

I love it! I just posted a thread about this a week or so ago. I'm adding my vote to the Idea Informer.

Thread Information