STAR TREK 2d20

Help entering a character

Hi. I'm trying to start a Pathfinder 2nd edition campaign and we're having trouble re-creating our party into the character templates. There's no way I can see to simply manipulate the ability stats to match our PnP characters. Could anyone help?

Thanks!
    John

Welcome to the FG forums!

I've moved your post out of the DLC bug reporting thread to it's own thread - as it wasn't a bug your reporting.

To generate a character you need to drag/drop the various records to the PC sheet or the chargen tracker - open this from the "Tracker" button on the Main tab of the PC sheet.

Watch the videos linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...utube-playlist They are for the playtest ruleset, but the main process is covered and still relevant. I'd recommend you follow the standard steps to create your character so that the main data is populated.

If you don't have the Core Rules product then you'll have to manually enter data - but the ruleset isn't really designed to do that. You'll have to use the misc modifier field to enter the values you need, or use CTRL+mouse-wheel on the ability "Score" field to apply a modifier directly to the total value.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In addition, if your characters are higher than 1st level, you'll need to drag and drop your class in order to apply the appropriate updates for each level rather than simply increasing the number in the Class/Level window. It's a bit counter intuitive, but I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be for the FG team to update the system to automatically update what you get by updating the level directly.

On a related note, are there any plans to allow the GM to use one of the alternate stat generation and progression methods from the Gamemastery Guide? I understand that the Alternate Abilities set would be a pretty significant change, but I could see the other systems being fairly easy to implement and I'm sure that there are some GMs that would appreciate the ease of simply changing a setting to allow them to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiusAlpha View Post
    On a related note, are there any plans to allow the GM to use one of the alternate stat generation and progression methods from the Gamemastery Guide? I understand that the Alternate Abilities set would be a pretty significant change, but I could see the other systems being fairly easy to implement and I'm sure that there are some GMs that would appreciate the ease of simply changing a setting to allow them to be used.
    The GMG will be converted later this year. Exact plans on what automation will, or won't, be included is unknown at this point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information