DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Importing AD%D 2e Monsters into fantasy grounds. Need the "template" for stat Block

Importing AD%D 2e Monsters into fantasy grounds. Need the "template" for stat block. Is this detailed anywhere?

I just need an example to import a npc or monster into fantasy grounds. I have been having issues getting this done.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ghrast View Post
    Importing AD%D 2e Monsters into fantasy grounds. Need the "template" for stat block. Is this detailed anywhere?

I just need an example to import a npc or monster into fantasy grounds. I have been having issues getting this done.

thanks in advance
    Any single monster entry in the Monstrous Manual.

I'm assuming you mean the text import?

The importer is setup to make best effort importing text that looks like entries in the Monstrous Manual and should work for Compendium.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I guess what I am saying is can someone post "a goblin" From D&D 2e statblock that works from the monster manual. When I see the exact format (Does the text need ";" separators between the info for the import to work)

Thank you!

That worked. I'm still having trouble with it.

When I use this statblock

New Creature
    CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Any, but usually tropical, and temperate/Forest, plain, and urban
    FREQUENCY: Uncommon
    ORGANIZATION: Band
    ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any
    DIET: Special
    INTELLIGENCE: Average (8-10)
    TREASURE: M, Q; (D, I, T)
    ALIGNMENT: Lawful or chaotic evil
    NO. APPEARING: 2-20
    ARMOR CLASS: 4
    HIT DICE: 2
    THAC0: 19
    MOVE: 6. Run 15 *, Glide 18
    ATTACKS: 2 or 1
    DAMAGE: l-4/1-4 or by weapon
    SPECIAL ATTACK: Nil
    SPECIAL DEFENSE: Nil
    MAGIC RESIST: 20%
    SIZE: M (5½ tall)
    MORALE: Elite (13)
    XP VALUE: 175

Everything imports but the notes section shows this instead of importing into the proper fields. Im just trying to understand how to get it working right.

SPECIALATTACK: Nil SPECIAL DEFENSE: Nil MAGIC RESIST: 20%

Details-pane.PNGmain.PNG
    Last edited by ghrast; June 3rd, 2020 at 23:44. Reason: Finish explanation

Quote Originally Posted by ghrast View Post

SPECIALATTACK: Nil SPECIAL DEFENSE: Nil MAGIC RESIST: 20%
    There is no space in that "Special Attack".

It's very specific on it's requirements. "KEY: Value" in general. If the key doesn't match it assumes it's something else (like description text) and places it in the description.

Copy/paste the entire thing (including description). The description will get some context highlighting if you do... it also tries to clean up formatting.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

What I am saying is I have the text above like this

SPECIAL ATTACK: Nil
    SPECIAL DEFENSE: Nil
    MAGIC RESIST: 20%

and the output is like this in the notes section

SPECIALATTACK: Nil SPECIAL DEFENSE: Nil MAGIC RESIST: 20%.

Its close enough. I did another one but I head to clean up the formatting. Thank you for your patience Celestian!

I input this one and it worked fine.

Automaton, monster
    CLIMATE/TERRAIN: Any warm land or subterranean
    FREQUENCY: Very rare
    ORGANIZATION: Special
    ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any
    DIET: Nil
    INTELLIGENCE: Non- (0)
    TREASURE: Any possible (guardian)
    ALIGNMENT: Neutral
    NO. APPEARING: 1-4
    ARMOR CLASS: 2
    MOVEMENT: 9
    HIT DICE: 7+7
    THACO: 13
    NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
    DAMAGE ATTACK: 1D12/1D12/2D4 + Special
    SPECIAL ATTACKS: Electrical sting
    SPECIAL DEFENSES: See below
    MAGIC RESISTANCE: 35%; see below
    SIZE: H (12'+ long)
    MORALE: Special
    XP VALUE: 5,000

monster are automatons, scorpion-like guardian monsters originally created by a mage named Trobriand. Rumor has it
    that some of these cold, methodical killers are released with orders to simply destroy all living things they encounter-fnr
    that is how many of them behave. Combat: These smoothly-moving metallic constructs attack by grabbing prey with two huge pincer claws while they also lash out with their sting-equipped tails. Thus, a monster can potentially fight three opponents at one time. The claws do 1d12 points of damage when they close on a victim, repeating that damage each round thereafter until the victim breaks free. Victims may try to escape a claw once per combat with a successful bend bars/lift gates roll. If the roll fails, they are trapped
    until the monster drops them to grasp another opponent. Trapped beings are automatically struck by the monster's sting, no attack roll is required for the sting attack. Trapped victims are also used to bludgeon other beings or surroundings- the pincer does not release the victim but makes an attack roll; if successful, it bludgeons an opponent for ld4 damage, which does an already-gripped victim an additional 1d6 damage. A monster's sting does 2d4 points of physical damage, and also delivers an electrical discharge of 1d12 points to any victim it "stings." This attack can be generated by the monster only once per turn, but its sting can be augmented by electrical attacks, lightning strikes, and by magic cast at it. monster absorb all electrical attacks and all magic missiles. The former are retained as stored energy; calculate the hit points of damage of the attack and retain it-each point of damage equals one point of stored energy. The monster's stored energy is released by the tail sting in d12 discharge attacks. The monster cannot release its stored energy in a "sting" unless it has 12 points or more stored away. monster can absorb magic missiles. These serve to heal hit points of damage suffered by the monster. The magical energy :an be used to heal the monster only during the round the
    magic missiles hit. After that time, the magical energy is dissipated and lost. monster take only half damage from ire-and-heat-based
    attacks, and half from all edged or piercing weapon attacks. The "metal monsters" are immune to disintegrate, maze, cystalbrittle,
    and any acid- or cold-based spells. Attempts to mentally influence a monster will always fail, making charm, control, and illusion spells useless; unless one is the creator of a particular monster, or another being identified by the same creator as a legitimate "controller," characters will never command monsters with powers less than a full wish. monster can climb trees and rockpiles, albeit clumsily, but cannot swim or float. They can temporarily operate underwater without impairment; treat their electrical "stings" as 30
    foot radius fireballs, doing the monster itself no harm. However, the metallic scorpions rust within ld20 days, reducing them to half movement rate, and later (another ld20 days) into total immobility. Habitat/Society: The monster form no social groupings; they
    are encountered singly or in groups as ordered and deployed by their controllers. monster are always aware of the presence of others of their own kind within 100 feet. This detection also applies to sensing their creator or controller. If a monster is attacked within the range of others, they all immediately sense the threat-and may aid their fellow if their current operational orders allow
    it. In a like manner, the controller of a monster can mentally or verbally communicate an order to all monster within 100 feet.
    A controller can only mentally command monster if he has one of the rings of Trobriand. Some wizards have attempted to devise specific spells allowing them to control encountered monster, while others are rumored to have attempted to make their own monster. If any mages have achieved success, they have so far kept silent. It is suspected that Trobriand has created some monster to destroy any "inferior models" of monster made by other wizards. Ecology: monster eat nothing, and function as predators ody
    when ordered to do so. Most serve as guardians of their controller's keep, programmed with a specific range. and specific

Here is a list of the text of everything the import will try and capture.

Code:
         local text_matches = {
                            {"^frequency:","frequency"},
                            {"^rarity:","frequency"},
                            {"^no. encountered:","numberappearing"},
                            {"^no. appearing:","numberappearing"},
                            {"^number encountered:","numberappearing"},
                            {"^size:","size"},
                            {"^move:","speed"},
                            {"^movement:","speed"},
                            {"^armour class:","actext"},
                            {"^armor class:","actext"},
                            {"^ac:","actext"},
                            {"^armorclass:","actext"},
                            {"^hit dice:","hitDice"},
                            {"^hitdice:","hitDice"},
                            {"^hd:","hitDice"},
                            {"^hit dice:","hdtext"},
                            {"^hitdice:","hdtext"},
                            {"^hd:","hdtext"},
                            {"^attacks:","numberattacks"},
                            {"^attack:","numberattacks"},
                            {"^no. of attacks:","numberattacks"},
                            {"^damage:","damage"},
                            {"^damage/attack:","damage"},
                            {"^damag.attack:","damage"},
                            {"^damag..attack:","damage"},
                            {"^special attacks:","specialAttacks"},
                            {"^special defences:","specialDefense"},
                            {"^special defenses:","specialDefense"},
                            {"^special:","specialDefense"},
                            {"^magic resistance:","magicresistance"},
                            {"^lair probability:","inlair"},
                            {"^%% in lair:","inlair"},
                            {"^in lair:","inlair"},
                            {"^intelligence:","intelligence_text"},
                            {"^alignment:","alignment"},
                            {"^morale:","morale"},
                            {"treasure:","treasure"},
                            {"^treasure type:","treasure"},
                            {"^diet:","diet"},
                            {"^organization:","organization"},
                            {"^climate/terrain:","climate"},
                            {"^climat.terrain:","climate"},
                            {"^active time:","activity"},
                            {"^activity cycle:","activity"},
                            {"^type:","type"},
                            };
          local number_matches = {
                            {"^thac[o0]:","thaco"},
                            };
    ---

I finally understand why the problem I had occurred.

the syntax is {"^special attacks:","specialAttacks"},
    I was using "special attack" and it had some weird behavior.

Thanks again I hate not knowing why things don't work. My GF who codes explained it to me.
    Last edited by ghrast; June 4th, 2020 at 11:58. Reason: Give Credit to My GF

Thread Information