Starfinder Playlist

How to hide pointers from players view?

Hi guys,

in my dungeon there are lots of spell auras permanetly like hallow/Disple magic- but it is not possible for me to manage that showing on the map (only for DM) and not showing it for players.
    Of course it should be visible if I want it to (like detect magic castin from players), but not always and not everywhere on the map, where players normally are not allowed to look at?
    Pointers are much easier to use then painted circles, because they have there numbers/radius shown and can be moved after creation.
    Is it possible to put them on another layer and hide the layer ffrom players view? How?
    Thanks
    micael

Blog Entries
    No. Pointers are intended to always be shown. You can add a feature request on the wish list for later consideration.

You can use tokens either linked to NPCs or not and then be able to control visibility of them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So how do I get quickly a 40‘ rad aura on a map
    4 times invisible to players but visible to me then?

Blog Entries
    Put a token on the map, scale it (ctrl-wheel), right click set visibility.

I think you can do that without making an NPC and giving them a token, but I haven't tried it in a long time (prior to FGU). If it doesn't work and someone else doesn't jump in with a correction, let me know and I can play around with it to figure it out.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

it does work that way, but there are a number of issues. you don't need to make the token an npc, just drag it from the token dialog to the map.
    1. Scaling up a token a significant amount doesn't seem to fit exactly right, and if you have a border, it will be much larger than expected.
    2. Tokens get in the way of interacting with other tokens, You will find yourself dragging the token and not the npc a lot of the time. This can be mitigated a little by using the Advanced Images extension, and placing tokens on different levels.

Oops, forgot I was on Unity forum, don't need the extension for layers I think.

Ok, and are there transparent tokens or ring tokens, where you can see the environment/ gridunderneath? Auras are just not visible mostly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Ok, and are there transparent tokens or ring tokens, where you can see the environment/ gridunderneath? Auras are just not visible mostly...
    I use these; https://www.dmsguild.com/product/195...e-Spell-Tokens

Thread Information