5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    As far as I understood this Thread was also about the ideal naming of extensions, not only the FG restricted take on things.
    That was not my take on this thread at all.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That was not my take on this thread at all.
    Clearly this thread did not include "non functional" suggestions up until now, right?!*sarcasm*

Well, as you wish M'Lord.

[Ruleset]_[Category]_[UsefulExtName]

5E_Theme_VeryDarkTheme.ext
    Core_UI_SubMenus.ext
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 12th, 2020 at 15:32.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    In that case things look different.

[Ruleset]_[Category]_[UsefulExtName] would be all that is left with the restricted launcher space in mind.

5E_Theme_VeryDarkTheme.ext
    Core_UI_SubMenus.ext
    Indeed. Thank you!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I also wouldn't put ruleset in the extension name; as the extensions are already filtered by ruleset by virtue of the tags in the extension.xml file.

Really, all you need is an extension type and an extension name. I've thought quite a bit about the naming, because I'd like to start organizing extensions into groupings or categories. However, that requires client changes that are not high enough priority to make at this time.

The next closest thing is to simply rename the extensions with a prefix by type. I currently see these types as prevalent, and would like to move towards using prefixes on our catalog.
    Theme:
    Decal:
    Setting:
    Feature:

I even started it really preliminarily by renaming the included themes (Theme - Simple Gray, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information