STAR TREK 2d20

FGU Tiles Interfering with LOS Feature

A little bit of context, I am very new to Fantasy Grounds Unity and Virtual Table Tops in general. I've run a couple of sessions with some of my friends and it was a lot of fun but I am having one consistent problem I can't seem to solve.
    I am utilizing the Torstans Asset pack. I created a dungeon with the tiles that are available. I used terrain objects such as chests, barrels, baskets, and benches inside the different rooms. The problem is that my players can see foggy outlines of all the terrain objects through the walls including chests I had in rooms that were suppose to be hidden behind toggleable walls. Essentially the LOS is not completely covering unexplored areas in the black shade and instead leaves a white fog outline around the different terrain objects.
    I searched around the internet for a few hours and could not find anyone else with this issue. I also couldn't find any demonstrations or videos of people creating dungeons utilizing an asset pack in which they placed a terrain object inside of a structure made by multiple tile pieces.
    Any help or anyone who could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    There was another report of this with screen shots in the last week of so. Don't know if it's been given an issue number to track by the devs or not. I couldn't find it, but perhaps someone else can find the post.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There was another report of this with screen shots in the last week of so. Don't know if it's been given an issue number to track by the devs or not. I couldn't find it, but perhaps someone else can find the post.
    Thanks for the quick response I did a little more digging and I think I found the post you were talking about. If anyone else knows of a post where this problem has been addressed that would be fantastic. I found a temporary solution in a free demo of an online map-making program which allows me to import an image that already has all the walls, chests, details, et cetera on the map. I'd rather not have to pay for the full version but it will definitely work for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxa View Post
    Thanks for the quick response I did a little more digging and I think I found the post you were talking about. If anyone else knows of a post where this problem has been addressed that would be fantastic. I found a temporary solution in a free demo of an online map-making program which allows me to import an image that already has all the walls, chests, details, et cetera on the map. I'd rather not have to pay for the full version but it will definitely work for now.
    LordEntrails is correct. This is a known issue. It will be addressed in the next update when we push the refactor of the LOS. Thanks for your patience.

Thread Information