Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Lost characters

Lost characters

I had a issue that made me reinstall FGU, was able to find my campaign file and open it but all the PC's were gone?? What did I do wrong?

Hi Naseldrip, welcome to FG.

Did your issue involve FG not closing correctly?

If so then it is likely that the campaign file got corrupted in some way.

To recover your data; first take a copy of the campaign folder and keep it safe somewhere. Then, in the original campaign folder, find the db.xml file and rename it to dbold.xml or something similar. Then find the most recent session.xxxxxxx.xml file and rename that to db.xml and then start your campaign. If that doesn't work you may have to try an older session file.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus, That worked perfectly.

hey Zacchaeus, I have a follow up to this question which your instructions above helped resolve.

A friend was downloading a large file and it (somehow) completely filled his hard drive while he had his FGU campaign server running. This caused FGU to crash and corrupted his campaign. Reverting to a few of the last session log files didn't work.

We fixed it by creating a new campaign and importing the PCs from the corrupted campaign. Luckily that was all that needed recovering.

We ultimately fixed it, but just thought you'd know what to do with this very rare issue/bug/phenomenon.

Thanks!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

very weird...the one ending in 04? i tried loading it too and it didn't work. PCs and even the library areas were all blank.

Blog Entries
    Close FG
    Open the campaign folder
    Rename db.xml to db.dead
    Copy the db.session.20201204.xml to a new file and rename db.xml
    For me I also had to delete campaignregistry.lua

Then load your campaign

heres the log with the error codes im getting
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great! I did those additional steps you mentioned and that did it! Thanks!!!

Thread Information