Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hamachi stopped working

I've been running games on my Win 7 machine for months using Hamachi, and today all of a sudden it stopped working. I get green balls next to my friends' computers in Hamachi, but yellow exclamation marks as well. Under peer properties / settings there is a network adapter error, failed to connect to network adapter, peer is not accessible via VPN. When they try to connect to me, FG connection times out.

Hamachi shows up as "unidentified network" on Network and Sharing Center (see image). When I check on a friend's (peer) computer in Hamachi, I get error "VPN domain's tap device is down", which seems to be a pretty popular problem on LogMeIn Hamachi forums - but no solution they've offered helps.

Friends checked their connections work to other computers within the same Hamachi network, so the issue is at my end.

I haven't done any changes to my hardware or software, although have installed all Windows updates. Tried restarting Hamachi and its service, uninstalling/reinstalling, googling, no help. What else?

Network and Sharing Center:
    Attachment 16743

Hamachi self-diagnosis of a peer computer connection:
    Attachment 16744
    Last edited by Magnimost; December 3rd, 2016 at 21:48.

Blog Entries
    Hey Magnimost you might try a Windows System Restore back to a time when Hamachi was working.
    Otherwise it could be something that has changed on your ISPs network...

Based off the first error shown in your screenshot I did a search. Try this: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Ham...wn/td-p/134053
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I've tried googling and none of the suggested fixes fix anything.

Those posts seem to suggest that there were issues with the windows driver. Did you go into Windows device manager and uninstall all drivers for "LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Internet Adapter" and anything else that refers to Hamachi/LogMeIn? Just uninstalling/reinstalling Hamachi is not enough.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 5th, 2016 at 23:22.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I had a similar issue a month or so ago. Was using Hamachi to join games and to host a game. All of sudden it stopped working to host a game, still worked to join one. I tried everything I could think of and could not get it to work properly again. The entire group I was hosting was trying to help, and half of us are in IT. I ended up buying a VPS server for like $12 a year. Works great. In fact I think I used tutorials written by damned and Treloe if I recall.

Thanks
    Last edited by irish_carbomb; December 6th, 2016 at 00:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Yeah, I've tried googling and none of the suggested fixes fix anything.
    I have had this for one other person I was assisting and I went thru everything I could find and couldnt resolve.
    Ended up putting that person on my VPN server I think...

Tried uninstalling Hamachi and network drivers, didn't help.

Would a Raspberry Pi VPN box work for FG and this problem? Been thinking of setting one up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Would a Raspberry Pi VPN box work for FG and this problem? Been thinking of setting one up anyway.
    If this was within your network then you'd have the same port forwarding problems - except you'd have to get port 1802 (or maybe VPN port/s) working into the Pi rather than port 1802 into your FG computer.

Unless you convinced someone somewhere to run it for you. Which is essentially what we do with a VPS - there's a virtual Linux server running in a data center somewhere that allows port 1802 into the VPS and then you (just the GM) have a VPN connection into the VPS server, and the players connect using port 1802 to the VPS VPN server which forwards communication to the GM. Avoiding the need for any port forwarding access to where the GM's computer is running.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 7th, 2016 at 01:06.

Yes it works very well. Even better than Hamachi.. A little more work to setup. You buy the VPS server/service, then run through the tutorial damned wrote. Then on game day just log into your service provider web page (VPS Service) and start up the virtual server. Then just run a batch file on your desktop, that tells the VPS server to start forwarding 1802 traffic to your computer, startup Fantasy Grounds, and give your players the IP address of your VPS Service.

Done.. Game on..

Thread Information