STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    It does that even with only that single one extension set
    Attachment 37275
    You know the drill :P
    Last edited by bmos; June 30th, 2020 at 12:54.

Ok: I don't wanna jinx it but it looks like it's working ALRIGHT now :°D Yeeee!! (what was causing the problem?)
    I'll eventually test more characters and items later in the future, but so far it didn't trigger anything wrong. The spell failure part never worked for me tho.

wait, I tried opening a player client. It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o

Want me to paste you the humongous wall of errors? (which I warn you, it's very large). It "seems" to work fine after spewing out thousands of error lines, though. Over 6000.

I have a D&D session tomorrow evening, so I'll have more people to help for more testing :P
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; June 30th, 2020 at 02:28.

Ok: I don't wanna jinx it but it looks like it's working ALRIGHT now :°D Yeeee!! (what was causing the problem?)
    I'll eventually test more characters and items later in the future, but so far it didn't trigger anything wrong. The spell failure part never worked for me tho.

wait, I tried opening a player client. It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o

Want me to paste you the humongous wall of errors? (which I warn you, it's very large). It "seems" to work fine after spewing out thousands of error lines, though. Over 6000.

I have a D&D session tomorrow evening, so I'll have more people to help for more testing :P
    I actually know about the player bug, I had to turn them off for my last session
    I'm trying to figure that out next. It's very strange because it works without errors even when I connect to myself in my fresh 'test' campaign but not any of my actual campaigns.

The issue we finally did get sorted was that for some reason some of your items were returning a nil value in an unexpected way so I made it just ignore that edge case.
    Progress at least

Way to go! If I was younger and still had my memory and concentration abilities, I'd learn how to script things too and help out (by now even if I open any of those files, it's utterly incomprehensible to me)

Way to go! If I was younger and still had my memory and concentration abilities, I'd learn how to script things too and help out (by now even if I open any of those files, it's utterly incomprehensible to me)
    Live Hitpoints from Constitution is actually pretty understandable if you want a jumping-off-point. Rewriting the documentation on Real Encumbrance is a big task in my to do list (I'm not surprised it's confusing right now!).

It's bursting with errors to the point of freezing O.o
    I have just posted 1.5.4 which should fix this issue (TM)

Thanks to Trenloe and supperteddy57 for the assistance.

Hopefully just in time
    Last edited by bmos; June 30th, 2020 at 17:25.

Actually... not >.<

Error panel (again).png

the "beta" file you gave me yesterday DOES work tough

oh! I see what happened. Paul rewrote some of the math (which was good because it had some dumb before) but he missed that aspect as he started working on it before I posted that change). Here is a version with all the fixes in one place

The beta from yesterday fixed the nil error but the nil error came back in the new build (which was focused on fixing the huge wall of errors issue).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; June 30th, 2020 at 23:02.

v1.6.0-beta is now released with support for kilograms
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Tot...ag/v1.6.0-beta

While it is beta as the feature is new and likely not completely tested, I think it might actually work better for some people than the regular version.
    Last edited by bmos; June 30th, 2020 at 23:06.

the new feature you have that is the Total Inventory Value, is the offending bit of code, I reckon

errors galore

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'TrimmedItemCost' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (name) in windowclass (charsheet)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'TrimmedItemCost' (a nil value)

it doesn't like items with zero weight, i.e. potions and anything else miscellaneous

this is with PFRPG.Total.Encumbrance.v1.5.4

you can certainly calm it down for a few moments by replacing zeroes with 0.01, but it only gets you a short while, presumably while the inventory is checked again

I could of course be well off the mark, and it's something else entirely...
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 1st, 2020 at 01:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Strange, it doesn't seem to have any issues with those types of items in my campaign, but it seems like the community and srd modules (if that is what you're using) are structured differently from the official ones.
    I've got items with cost of -, empty cost, no weight, potions, scrolls, all kinds of stuff and am not seeing those errors which makes testing for them difficult. Thanks for taking the time to report them.

I changed that section, hopefully it will solve this for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; July 1st, 2020 at 01:21.

Thread Information