FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 18 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Does your character wish there was a magic item like a bag of holding but... bigger?
    During downtime, do they spread all their items out and appraise them? Are they saving for Scrooge McDuck's pool of gold?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, have I got an update for you!

This extension now shows your overall inventory value at the top of the treasure box on the Inventory tab.
    I can add an option to enable/disable this if you'd rather not know, but for now it's always on.

Note: only works for items with cost field populated in format of 'N gp' 'N pp' and the like, with N being a number.

v1.5.1 - bugfix to allow for items with strange characters in their values
    Last edited by bmos; June 28th, 2020 at 13:56.

I so love you! <3

Little note: when you set the rulesets, it's 3.5E... if you just put "3.5" for some reasons it doesn't work (at least for me)

Just tested it.
    For some reason, your extension taks the "," in prices as a decimal dot... I tried with bracers of armor +6 (priced as 36,000 gp), and your script takes it as "36 gp".

I can still modify each entry in the inventory to remove that comma tho.

Also, some items just don't register on the script for some reason (bag of holding type II for example, no matter how much I set its cost or how many I dump in an inventory, it's still "0" for the script)
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; June 28th, 2020 at 16:54.

with these two mods, encumbrance and HP modifiers, you've eliminated two of my biggest bugbears about FG, thanks

gunna have to make a list of other things.... (coins in party sheet not decreasing when dragged by players to their sheets, comes to mind, conversely or having someway of locking the items in the party sheet, so it's ALL distributed by GM, rather than coins by GM and items grabbed by players...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    with these two mods, encumbrance and HP modifiers, you've eliminated two of my biggest bugbears about FG, thanks

gunna have to make a list of other things.... (coins in party sheet not decreasing when dragged by players to their sheets, comes to mind, conversely or having someway of locking the items in the party sheet, so it's ALL distributed by GM, rather than coins by GM and items grabbed by players...)
    Glad you like them Thanks for the ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Just tested it.
    For some reason, your extension taks the "," in prices as a decimal dot... I tried with bracers of armor +6 (priced as 36,000 gp), and your script takes it as "36 gp".

I can still modify each entry in the inventory to remove that comma tho.

Also, some items just don't register on the script for some reason (bag of holding type II for example, no matter how much I set its cost or how many I dump in an inventory, it's still "0" for the script)
    Thanks for those edge cases
    I will be sure to investigate after my game this afternoon! I must admit I did wonder about commas, but the items I tested with didn't have any.
    Last edited by bmos; June 28th, 2020 at 17:43.

Also some items just don't register at all for some reason.

But I still love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Also some items just don't register at all for some reason.
    But I still love it!
    Good evening
    I just wrapped up my game 30min ago and just finished re-writing the code that recalculates the total so that it ignores characters other than numbers.
    Before i release, I'm trying to track down some errors that my players were getting (I think I had another incompatible mod). I actually had to run the game without this turned on due to the incompatibility.
    That being said, I have a lot of mods so it makes sense.

Don't worry about the items that aren't being counted, the code is now much more tolerant so it is probably already fixed in upcoming release.
    If not, please try to find what is different about how the item cost is formatted.

EDIT: Posted 1.5.2 with the new code, no luck regarding what happened in my game... maybe I'll test again with the old version, I might have fixed it by doing this.
    Last edited by bmos; June 29th, 2020 at 01:32.

This is an example of my test character. I put in its inventory an Handy Haversack (2000) and a set of Bracers of Armor +6 (36,000). They both register as "0" though if I take a random Full Plate and unload it in the inventory (priced as 1,500), it does actually and completely register it as 1500. Yet the "mithral full plate of Speed" (26,500), taken from the item database, registers as "0" too.

TEST.png

Though I just noticed this popped out

TEST2.png

It looks like I might have been wrong about the , being sorted now hehe
    I'll see what I can do about that.

EDIT: Posted v1.5.3. I think it should work for those items now. If not, it'll be a problem for another day
    Last edited by bmos; June 29th, 2020 at 12:29.

Alright, I'll check it now...

... And same errors pop out, same items aren't calculated :/

oh well, good night XD it'll be for another day! (and naturally, thank you for all the work you already did so far!)

Thread Information