FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I was going to wait a little longer, but I realized that one of my scripts was crashing when it went to roll spell failure on a spell without components listed (i forgot an if statement for that).
    So here it is with that fix too, and I hope that it's as stable as it seems!
    https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...s/tag/v1.3.1.0
    Last edited by bmos; June 22nd, 2020 at 01:48.

V1.3.2
    I noticed that half-plate is supposed to be max dex zero, but fantasygrounds doesn't support that! This kind of bugged me, swe went at it again and implemented a workaround.
    I didn't include a setting for it, because IMO it's a bug in the ruleset that should get fixed (although I totally get why it would be hard to fix 'correctly' as it would require most/all modules to be updated).

The workaround implemented in the mod is to specifically allow zero dex for any armor containing the name Fortress plate, Half-plate, Lamellar (iron), Lamellar (stone coat), or Splint mail. It doesn't override what's listed in the item page, it just makes the max stat of those items respect a zero entered in the maxstat box. This list can be easily added to by opening the extension and modifying the list in scripts/encumbrance_globals.lua. This is also now where you can go to change the number of coins in one unit of weight, or the encumbrance penalties (for homebrew). If you need to turn off max dex zero on one of these items rather than changing the extension to ignore that type, you can set the max dex of that armor to -1 (which is hardcoded in to disable the max dex on that item).

It also leaves the penalties boxes blank when nothing is entered, doesn't allow positive check penalties, caps spell failure at 100% (for manually set check penalties), and doesn't allow negative max dex numbers (except -1 which is used as an 'off' override).

https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...ases/tag/1.3.2
    Last edited by bmos; June 22nd, 2020 at 02:42.

About your spell failure roll: I didn't test it yet but it could probably be that your extension will now be in conflict with several of my extensions I try to make them compatible at some point whenever I have time for coding again (Phixation and rmilmine also made already a request for compatibility, so a lot for me to do with the next update for my extensions )

Any idea which extensions?
    I'd be happy to do some testing and see if there is anything I can fix on my end (or at the very least make turning off that feature fix compatibility issues if possible).
    I use a bunch of your extensions and, although none of my players have had to roll spell failure yet, I just haven't run into any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Any idea which extensions?
    I'd be happy to do some testing and see if there is anything I can fix on my end (or at the very least make turning off that feature fix compatibility issues if possible).
    I use a bunch of your extensions and, although none of my players have had to roll spell failure yet, I just haven't run into any problems.
    maybe the save versus tags one? I edited a lot with respect to spell casting, too, therefore my assumption that it could be in conflict (though I have a loadorder in my extensions, so my guess is, when there is a conflict, that I may overwrite your spell failure roll such that it won't roll at all )

I can try to take a look later

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    maybe the save versus tags one? I edited a lot with respect to spell casting, too, therefore my assumption that it could be in conflict (though I have a loadorder in my extensions, so my guess is, when there is a conflict, that I may overwrite your spell failure roll such that it won't roll at all )
    That's my favorite one

I don't think there will be incompatibilities as, although we both modify record_spell_entry, we are modifying different parts.
    https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...pell_entry.xml

Everything else spell-failure-related is just simple getValue type stuff with some logic to work with the values it gets.
    https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...ll_failure.lua

EDIT: Yup, I'm not seeing any issues with that one Unfortunately, Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO makes the roll message not show up.
    Last edited by bmos; June 22nd, 2020 at 19:23.

That's my favorite one

I don't think there will be incompatibilities as, although we both modify record_spell_entry, we are modifying different parts.
    https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...pell_entry.xml

Everything else spell-failure-related is just simple getValue type stuff with some logic to work with the values it gets.
    https://github.com/bmos/TotalEncumbr...ll_failure.lua

EDIT: Yup, I'm not seeing any issues with that one Unfortunately, Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder with AoO makes the roll message not show up.
    ah, thanks for looking

Interesting, I didn't expect that the advanced 3.5e and PF stuff is messing it up. I will note that for compatibility thing

It seems registerResultHandler isn't registering the handler or is being overrode.
    Last edited by bmos; June 22nd, 2020 at 20:31.

It seems registerResultHandler isn't registering the handler or is being overrode.
    Ah, I see, then I probably have to register your resultHandler, too. I had a similar problem with the compatibility with the mirror image handler of darrenan: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post499024

I have not figured out yet why this sometimes happens by the extensions But that also means that I can easily fix it, or you could try to add a loadorder (maybe a loadorder of 55 or so) then your resulthandler is hopefully correctly loaded, but it may then overwrite some others instead (like the mirror image one) Hence, maybe the best when I add this handler to my code, too

Too funny, I just came across that peeking at your code. Changing
    Code:
    if MirrorImageHandler then
    	ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
    end
    to

Code:
    if MirrorImageHandler then
    	ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
    end
    if SpellFailure then
    	ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("spellfailure", SpellFailure.spellFailureMessage);
    end
    seems to be all it takes.
    I wonder why that is, it would seem unlikely that only one extension can be using ResultHandlers at a time.

Thread Information