DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    I'm working on v3.0.0 which (among other things) re-implements coin weight via the traditional inventory approach. A new inventory item will be created when there there are at least 50 coins and removed when there are not.

This allows you to leverage the new Portable hole/bag of holding support rather than requiring two columns of coins!

There are still 2 columns of coins for now though
    Does anyone find the second column useful?
    If I don't hear any 'yes' replies I will be removing it.
    Last edited by bmos; September 24th, 2020 at 18:41.

At the moment, I use the second column for coins inside a bag of holding/handy haversack/portable hole/belt of many pockets/mules. It's actually very useful
    Because I'm actually a **** to my players, I'd want to ask if it's possible (eventually, just tell me where to edit and I'll try it myself) to check weight for single coins instead of stacks of 50 (0.02 per coin I think?)

One thing I wish to ask: A bag of holding (type I) holds 250 lbs of stuff, for example. Is there a way to calculate the amount of weight inside a container without having to change its name (removing the "holding" part) and seeing how much does encumbrance change? Mostly because of those players stuffing a crapload of items in their dimensional pockets making it a pain for me to check their capacity after every single session.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Along with this round of Tuesday updates (which includes v2.0.8 of Total Encumbrance), I have also uploaded beta.1 of v3.0.0 which re-implements coin weight via the traditional inventory approach. A new inventory item will be created when there there are at least 50 coins and removed when there are not.

This allows you to leverage the new Portable hole/bag of holding support rather than requiring two columns of coins!

There are still 2 columns of coins for now though
    Does anyone find the second column useful?
    If I don't hear any 'yes' replies I will be removing it.
    I am fine with it being there or not. One thing perhaps to consider...if you are going to remove the second column maybe phase it out rather than just dropping it because if people have coins recorded there and then it disappears with an update they will no longer be able to see how much coin wealth they have.

Or I suppose you could add whatever value is in column 2 to column 1 (in case column 1 is a non zero value) with your update.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Or I suppose you could add whatever value is in column 2 to column 1 (in case column 1 is a non zero value) with your update.
    That's actually what I was planning to do, but thanks for the heads up (and sharing your preference). It is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    At the moment, I use the second column for coins inside a bag of holding/handy haversack/portable hole/belt of many pockets/mules. It's actually very useful
    Because I'm actually a **** to my players, I'd want to ask if it's possible (eventually, just tell me where to edit and I'll try it myself) to check weight for single coins instead of stacks of 50 (0.02 per coin I think?)
    My favorite type of GM (put on your leather chaps and tell me why I've been a naughty player )
    I think you can change this line in scripts/coins_weight.lua from:
    Code:
    local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = math.floor((nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit())
    to:
    Code:
    local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = (nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit()
    but I haven't tested that so you might need to further adjust it to round to a particular decimal place (if you get some really long numbers):
    Code:
    local nTotalCoinWeightToSet = (nTotalCoins / TEGlobals.nCoinsPerUnit) * TEGlobals.getEncWeightUnit()
    nTotalCoinWeightToSet = LibTotalEncumbrance.round(nTotalCoinWeightToSet, 2)
    Essentially, it's already counting every coin, but I'm rounding down to avoid jankiness. I think the effect of your proposed change would be that everyone is carrying 1more weight unit than normal since the carrying capacities are not in decimal format. Technically this is correct by the rules, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    One thing I wish to ask: A bag of holding (type I) holds 250 lbs of stuff, for example. Is there a way to calculate the amount of weight inside a container without having to change its name (removing the "holding" part) and seeing how much does encumbrance change? Mostly because of those players stuffing a crapload of items in their dimensional pockets making it a pain for me to check their capacity after every single session.
    This is my biggest pet peeve in all of Pathfinder, so I am definitely going to implement this by the time v3.0.0 releases.

A workaround for the stable version would be to set the bag to "equipped" and you should see the total which should save you time.

The other solutions for this that I have seen can only handle one extradimensional container, which is probably insufficient to satisfy players when they realize they can't carry their homes on their backs with only one dimension-splitting magical item.
    Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 15:11.

beta.5 is here
    I'm pretty sure bag of holding support is done and it supports any number of extraplanar storage containers with individual weight limits.

I actually managed to reduce the total lines of code by around 150 compared to the current release version, despite adding the new functionality!
    A bit more cleanup and a bunch of compatibility testing with other extensions before I call this 'current' though.

Demo video:
    https://youtu.be/u4PDWxNbzTo

EDIT: beta.6 which mostly contains improvements for homebrew GMs (you can now easily define currency-specific weights and new extraplanar containers).
    Last edited by bmos; September 24th, 2020 at 18:49.

After a 4.5 hour session with my group today with zero issues (and quite a bit of testing this week), I give you all.... (drumroll) version 3!
    Now with significantly better (dare I say almost perfect?) extra planar storage and a much simpler approach to coin tracking (that should hopefully avoid the data-entry mistakes I saw people make with the two-column approach).
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Tot...ses/tag/v3.0.0

Other than the version number, this is the same as the v3.0.0-rc.1 build that I had on github for a couple of days.
    Last edited by bmos; September 28th, 2020 at 01:16.

Last edited by bmos; September 29th, 2020 at 18:50.

Hello there, I've been getting this error with my player's fighter. I checked the files and saw that it's regarding Armor Training ability, what should I do in this case?

Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char_TE.lua"]:116: attempt to compare number with nil
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char_TE.lua"]:116: attempt to compare number with nil

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jesuita View Post
    Hello there, I've been getting this error with my player's fighter. I checked the files and saw that it's regarding Armor Training ability, what should I do in this case?

Runtime Notice: Host session started

Kind Regards
    There's something weird about that player's character.
    Perhaps their fighter class has its name changed for some Archetype or something (which should be in Abilities tab)?
    Anyway, it's not seeing a number for their level of fighter.
    Can you send me your db.xml file?
    Last edited by bmos; October 27th, 2020 at 12:14.

Thread Information