Joshua Stream Pre
Page 11 of 15 First ... 910111213 ... Last
  1. #101
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah >___> I never thought of checking that during tests, since personally I mark off a spell only AFTER casting it and applying effects/damage, and seeing its results XD good to know :3 I'm a happy (old) kid now

    Thank you

  2. #102
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah >___> I never thought of checking that during tests, since personally I mark off a spell only AFTER casting it and applying effects/damage, and seeing its results XD good to know :3 I'm a happy (old) kid now

    Thank you
    excellent!
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #103
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah >___> I never thought of checking that during tests, since personally I mark off a spell only AFTER casting it and applying effects/damage, and seeing its results XD good to know :3 I'm a happy (old) kid now

    Thank you
    that is by the way normally a good way, because the spells' entries vanish when in the combat display mode after all uses are gone (therefore I never implemented an automatic off-marking when clicking on the cast button although I thought about it ). EDIT: So, doing so before one pressed all other buttons leads to that one has to switch the display mode for the other buttons. Therefore it might be a good project to integrate this spell failure into the cast button in save versus tags (when I am allowed to do so), then it is automatically compatible Hm, I keep it in mind (normally spells always get the cast button by the parser, but some custom spells overwrite this because the developer decided to do so)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 23rd, 2020 at 00:32.

  4. #104
    Something like an IFTAG if the spell has "S" among the components?

  5. #105
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    that is by the way normally a good way, because the spells' entries vanish when in the combat display mode after all uses are gone (therefore I never implemented an automatic off-marking when clicking on the cast button although I thought about it ). EDIT: So, doing so before one pressed all other buttons leads to that one has to switch the display mode for the other buttons. Therefore it might be a good project to integrate this spell failure into the cast button in save versus tags (when I am allowed to do so), then it is automatically compatible Hm, I keep it in mind (normally spells always get the cast button by the parser, but some custom spells overwrite this because the developer decided to do so)
    Oh! Good point! You're most welcome to do so. I had originally wanted to use the cast button for it, but couldn't see an easy way to do it without getting into core functionality (and making compatibility hard, most likely). Your extension is already working with some of that stuff, so it would make a lot more sense in yours.

    EDIT: I just rewrote the documentation to help it make sense
    It's pretty straightforward, I think.
    Last edited by bmos; July 23rd, 2020 at 03:36.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  6. #106
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Something like an IFTAG if the spell has "S" among the components?
    One could add something like this, too (though you can manually add this tag, but I could add such things to the parser)

    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Oh! Good point! You're most welcome to do so!
    Cool, thanks

  7. #107
    Can I ask how the .ext determines if the class is arcane, or how to roll for the spell fail or not? is it looking for a S, for somatic in the field? does this have to be capitalized/not, for example

    I'm digging into why I can't get it trigger, *sometimes*, I don't know what the sometimes is
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 23rd, 2020 at 04:53.

  8. #108
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Can I ask how the .ext determines if the class is arcane, or how to roll for the spell fail or not? is it looking for a S, for somatic in the field? does this have to be capitalized/not, for example

    I'm digging into why I can't get it trigger, *sometimes*, I don't know what the sometimes is
    Great question. Here is the script that has most of the relevant stuff in it. I just finished re-writing all the documentation on it, so it should actually be fairly easy to understand.
    It requires the "spellset" to be just the class name (like Bard not Bard Spells, for instance), and requires an "S" or " S" as a distinct piece of the string typed in components.
    I think there is room for that to be improved, although it gets tricky because I can't just parse for any "s" because sometimes notes are entered there like for material components.
    I will change to a non-case sensitive approach in the next update.
    Last edited by bmos; July 24th, 2020 at 00:25.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  9. #109
    One thing you could do (altough it's not really a real solution) might be to parse for ", S" instead of just for S. I mean, most of the spell components are set as V, S, M in order. So since spells with no verbal component are very rare, one could parse for the sequence of ", S" (from "V, S"), taking the comma and space before that S.

    Or not? (I don't really know much about programming anymore, ahaha)

  10. #110
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    One thing you could do (altough it's not really a real solution) might be to parse for ", S" instead of just for S. I mean, most of the spell components are set as V, S, M in order. So since spells with no verbal component are very rare, one could parse for the sequence of ", S" (from "V, S"), taking the comma and space before that S.

    Or not? (I don't really know much about programming anymore, ahaha)
    I'm actually treating the components field as comma separated variables, so each thing between commas is treated as its own thing. Then each of those things is compared against "S" or " S" which is effectively the same as what you're describing
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in