FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Hello Bmos, Thank you very much for putting this together. This is something I had been hoping for, for quite some time. I did find what I think are a couple bugs. I'm running PFRPG 3.3.10, and tested with no other extensions running. I have a "Test" Character with an 18 Str. So the Ecumbrances should be: 100/200/300.
    With the extension active:
    1. The Light and Medium encumbrance numbers are the same. It shows 200 / 200 / 300 I noticed this in your video as well.
    2. When adding weight, the encumbrance penalties increase, but reducing the weight doesn't reduce the penalties.
    EX: Add Test Item.
    Make Weight 50 = No encumbrance (good)
    Make Weight 100 = No Encumbrance (good) (still considered light)
    Make Weight 125 = No Encumbrance (bad) medium should be 101-200
    Make Weight 201 = Max 3 / -3 Skill Chk (bad) heavy should be 201-300
    Make Weight 301 = Max 1 / -6
    Make Weight 5 = Max 1 / -6 remains.
    The weight shows correct at the bottom, with each weight change, but the penalties never go back down.

Thank you again for all the work you're putting into this. I hope my detailed testing helps.
    This is great! Thanks for doing such precise testing.

EDIT: Part of this is an issue with an assumption I made about how encumbrance values are displayed in FG. I was under the impression that exceeding the medium load figure is what gives you penalties. It makes a lot more sense for it to be greater than light, so I've switched it to the right variable now

EDIT 2: I've fixed the light load box in my test environment (I had copy/pasted the wrong variable, oops!) and now I'm working on it not resetting to zero. This actually occurred during pre-release testing, but I thought I had it fixed before release. Apparently not
    Last edited by bmos; June 7th, 2020 at 12:14.

Here's v1.2.2. It still isn't perfect (it doesn't handle shield + armor interactions correctly yet).
    The weight encumbrance plays right with armor now and is disabled when not needed.
    I think I fixed the label being invisible in Unity too, but I haven't checked it yet.

EDIT: Looks like this has broken new things
    The strength-based encumberance values aren't updating anymore.
    Will hopefully re-upload tomorrow sometime if I can get it working.
    Last edited by bmos; June 8th, 2020 at 11:40.

Looks like my script is causing FG to ignore the script that recalculates the carrying capacities.
    Doing some more testing and refinement on it before re-releasing.
    Last edited by bmos; June 9th, 2020 at 14:20.

Thanks for looking into that!

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Can't wait for it <3
    Thanks for the enthusiasm
    Previously mentioned bugs seem to be all fixed.
    Final major bug (that I'm aware of) is coin weight not triggering encumbrance until equipment is dropped/equipped/carried.
    We're so close!

EDIT: 1.2.3 is now released (without that bug) ! Have at it and please pass along any problems or suggestions.
    Last edited by bmos; June 11th, 2020 at 23:04.

Outstanding! Trying it now.

Hello bmos,
    Here is what I found from testing:
    Pathfinder Ruleset, 3.3.10, All other extensions turned off.

Light/Med/Heavy showing perfectly.
    Test 1
    Test Item 5lbs.; no encumbrance penalty - Good
    Change weight to 150 (med. enc.); the weight carried increases, but no change to the Skill Check or Max Stat. There should be penalties.

Test 2
    Remove Test Item, Drag & Add Full Plate from "Items"; Weight is showing 50lbs, but no penalties, even after checking the armor circle and the armor is showing 'equipped' - Should be 1 Dex/ -6 Skill. The armor's details showed the correct penalties, they were just being ignored.

When I restarted and disabled the extension, the Plate penalties couldn't be applied even when changing from carried to equipped and checking the armor circle. I had to re-drag the plate in to get the penalties to be recognized.

Also, normally, when the armor is dragged over, the armor check circle is automatically checked and the penalties turned on. It seems as though something is stripping the penalties/max dex out from the 'back end' when dragged from the Items, but still showed them in the equipment details, along with cost and description, etc.

I hope that helps. And as always, thanks for the time you're spending. Though, my players were not as excited as I was about the weight of their 12,000 coins being calculated!

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    My players were not as excited as I was about the weight of their 12,000 coins being calculated!
    Well that was inevitable! I was amazed to see how much weight my players are carrying around!
    Encumbrance is a dirty word with many people, because of how hard it can be to track. It's a core part of the game's balance, so hopefully this mod makes following this rule more achievable without headache.

Thanks again for being so clear about your testing methodology. Just to be extra sure, the Test 1 issue is that it doesn't recalculate if you change the weight of an item? If so, try out v1.2.4+. I had wondered if that would be an issue, but had assumed very few people would be changing the weight of carried items. Obviously I was wrong, so 1.2.4+ now triggers recalculation when you change the weight of an item.

EDIT: I noticed that deleting an item that causes you to be encumbered leaves the encumbrance penalty active. I've added it to the issues tracker. EDIT 2: I just posted 1.2.5 to incorporate this fix also.

No luck reproducing the second issue you noticed, can you confirm that it's still happening for you? I changed a little backend stuff in 1.2.5 that might help.
    Last edited by bmos; June 13th, 2020 at 20:01. Reason: v1.2.5

Hello!
    We're close! The two issues I described are fixed and working fine. A new wrinkle came up when adding any Shield with a Dex or Skill penalty. The error below pops up immediately after dragging and dropping it onto your inventory. This also happens after you add a shield and you change any weight on any other item carried. So having the offending shield in your inventory breaks the recalculation of weights/encumbrance, not just when first adding it.

After you take the shield off, everything works fine.
    Adding a second set of armor does not trigger the error, so it isn't just the second instance of a Dex/Skill penalty, but something shield specific.

It also doesn't do it when adding the Lion Shield, or Darkwood or Mithral Shield - only ones with the Dex/Skill penalty.

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:81: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:81: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount2) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinname3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount4) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount5) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount6) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (treasureload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (totalload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinamount3a) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount2) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinname3) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount4) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount5) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (coinamount6) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (treasureload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (totalload) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (coinamount3a) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

Thread Information