DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yes, please volume, but with normal (=metric) units (in case you make a module for these)!
    only issue with that, sadly is everything from 1e to pf is imperial (I know, I know it doesn't make it right...(options though...))

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    only issue with that, sadly is everything from 1e to pf is imperial (I know, I know it doesn't make it right...(options though...))
    Yeah, I know, I was making a joke With weights I do not have problems anymore when they are in lbs (most of the time), for lengths feet work for me (but I still often need to think a while until I can imagine a certain length), but for volumes etc. I always need to use a converter because the imagination of sizes in my brain is then completely lost

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I know, I was making a joke With weights I do not have problems anymore when they are in lbs (most of the time), for lengths feet work for me (but I still often need to think a while until I can imagine a certain length), but for volumes etc. I always need to use a converter because the imagination of sizes in my brain is then completely lost
    I actually have a converter built into this extension (in case you have not seen).
    I don't use it the feature (on behalf of my players), but I am trying to keep my role in perpetuating nonsense (the use of imperial measurements) low so I added it for those who might use it.

Fortunately with volume there are no pre-entered figures so it would be up to each user which units they use!
    Last edited by bmos; November 26th, 2020 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I actually have a converter built into this extension (in case you have not seen).
    I don't use it although I do much prefer base10 systems, but I am trying to keep my role in perpetuating nonsense low.

Fortunately with volume there are no pre-entered figures so it would be up to each user which units they use!
    uuh, a converter is nice, cool

(I couldn't test any extensions yet, because I did not run any game since 11 months due to my thesis )

Time!

Here is a Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.2 that has support for volume.
    It checks the largest dimension of each item in a container against the largest dimension of the container's internal capacity.
    It also checks the sum total volume of every item in the container against the internal volume of the container.
    I also fixes the months-long bug where encumbrance penalty colors were not always correct!
    The volume calculation feature is off by default as this is not something most users will probably want. Just open options and enable "Encumbrance: Container/Item Volume".
    Because of this, I would appreciate if some non-volume-interested users would also use this test version but leave that disabled to ensure that there are not side effects of the feature being added (disabled) and to provide feedback on the new user interface design choices.

EDIT: Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.3 has a script error hotfix.

EDIT2: Total Encumbrance v3.4-beta.4 has another script error hotfix.

EDIT3: Total Encumbrance v3.4 is now released which improves the UI over the beta versions.
    Last edited by bmos; December 1st, 2020 at 23:10.

In working to update this for the Feb 16th update, I'm coming to the conclusion that this extension has gotten too big.
    My plan is to rework it into a few smaller extensions:
    1) Container capacities
    2) Coin weight
    3) Encumbrance penalties

I plan to develop them in that order.

In working to update this for the Feb 16th update, I'm coming to the conclusion that this extension has gotten too big.
    1) Container capacities
    2) Coin weight
    3) Encumbrance penalties

cool idea, compartmentalise

I guess feat adjustments for speed and encumbrance and such will potentially be in the third?

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I guess feat adjustments for speed and encumbrance and such will potentially be in the third?
    Yeah. It's probably going to be penalties and carrying capacity automation (of Ant Haul and such).

1) Container capacities
    2) Coin weight
    3) Encumbrance penalties

I'll be waiting for number 3! Thanks for the hardwork!

Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    I'll be waiting for number 3! Thanks for the hardwork!
    It is currently available as a beta.
    I haven't received much feedback, so I don't know whether it's stable yet or not.
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Enc...ag/v1.0-beta.1

Thread Information