Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

PFRPG Total Encumbrance Extension

THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER UPDATED OR USEFUL

THIS EXTENSION'S FUNCTIONALITY HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO PARTS:
    CoreRPG Extraplanar Containers
    CoreRPG Coins Weight
    PFRPG Encumbrance Penalties
    PFRPG Net Worth
    Each of these parts do their job better than they did when they were together as Total Encumbrance.

OLD 1st POST:
    I was excited to come across Alaxandir's CoreRPG port of Zuger's Coin Weight extension, but it had visual issues in the Pathfinder ruleset. I made a few changes and enabled some extra features that had been left disabled/unfinished in the source mod. After seeing how it worked, it seemed like an obvious next step to extend its functionality to help fill the gaps in the existing functionality around weight, encumbrance, coins, and the like. At this point, the coin weight aspect is a tiny piece of this extension.

Extension Homepage and Readme
    Download
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports).

Demonstration Video:
    Last edited by bmos; March 7th, 2022 at 00:14. Reason: add license info link

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I was excited to come across Alaxandir's CoreRPG port of Cedric Zuger's Coin Weight extension, but it had a visual issue wherein it overlapped the normal encumbrance info.
    Attachment 36325
    I made a few changes to move the fields into better spots to make it usable, although it still isn't pretty (I haven't figured out how to make the frame larger yet).
    Attachment 36326
    thanks for the extension

coin encumbrance. ugh. lol

i house-rule in all my games that any coin used as money has no weight (i even joke when i distribute gp after party has sold everything: prepare to receive your direct deposits!). so, ingots and any other items with precious metal still count as having weight; can't make it all easy for 'em to haul off that dragon loot! X-D).
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    coin encumbrance. ugh. lol
    i house-rule in all my games that any coin used as money has no weight (i even joke when i distribute gp after party has sold everything: prepare to receive your direct deposits!). so, ingots and any other items with precious metal still count as having weight; can't make it all easy for 'em to haul off that dragon loot! X-D).
    I've always been intrigued by the idea of tracking coin weight, but didn't want to take the time to do the math.
    I don't make my players RP going to a moneychanger or anything but they can't change coin denominations unless the situation allows. Not difficult, but limited in scope by settlement size.

What happens if a character has a bag of holding or a portable hole?

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    What happens if a character has a bag of holding or a portable hole?
    Oooh, I'll add a per-character enable/disable coin weight option to my to-do list

EDIT: Looks like there is already something similar in the original extension! Something about non-carried coins.
    Last edited by bmos; June 2nd, 2020 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Oooh, I'll add a per-character enable/disable coin weight option to my to-do list
    Sounds awesome!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

v1.0 is now released with two rows of coin-counting boxes, one counted against encumbrance and one not.

The formatting is pretty nice now, although I had to make the coin label boxes a lot narrower. If this is an issue for anyone, let me know and I will enlarge them at the expense of the wealth notes.
    I'm also planning to make the encumbrance section a touch prettier, automate the contents of the speed box, and automate other encumbrance effects like the max dex limit and check penalty.

EDIT: After looking over v1.0 again, I realized it was covering up the armor frame. It took me a while to get everything how I wanted it with less space to work with, but I eventually figured it out. Introducing v1.1! Now with better UI but no box to track your current speed. Now I just need to figure out scripting so I can automate encumbrance...
    Last edited by bmos; June 3rd, 2020 at 00:12.

After a crazy 9 hour screen share with a friend, working through scripting new options, I present version 1.2.

Encumbrance from carried weight now applies penalties automatically.
    These penalties don't stack with armor, although the worst penalty is chosen (and armor still stacks with other armor).

EDIT: v1.1.2 and v1.2.1 to fix Unity support
    Last edited by bmos; June 14th, 2020 at 15:28.

Hello Bmos, Thank you very much for putting this together. This is something I had been hoping for, for quite some time. I did find what I think are a couple bugs. I'm running PFRPG 3.3.10, and tested with no other extensions running. I have a "Test" Character with an 18 Str. So the Ecumbrances should be: 100/200/300.
    With the extension active:
    1. The Light and Medium encumbrance numbers are the same. It shows 200 / 200 / 300 I noticed this in your video as well.
    2. When adding weight, the encumbrance penalties increase, but reducing the weight doesn't reduce the penalties.
    EX: Add Test Item.
    Make Weight 50 = No encumbrance (good)
    Make Weight 100 = No Encumbrance (good) (still considered light)
    Make Weight 125 = No Encumbrance (bad) medium should be 101-200
    Make Weight 201 = Max 3 / -3 Skill Chk (bad) heavy should be 201-300
    Make Weight 301 = Max 1 / -6
    Make Weight 5 = Max 1 / -6 remains.
    The weight shows correct at the bottom, with each weight change, but the penalties never go back down.

Thank you again for all the work you're putting into this. I hope my detailed testing helps.

Thread Information